The Tom Delonge Thread

Shit Poster

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Spellbound is great. Love the mood, and the chorus is great. Bring on the rest

Finally, someone with taste! 

• Love 1

Wow, we're on page 1000

Anyway, here's an interview with Guitar World where Tom proudly says he hasn't a clue what gear he uses anymore because computers do everything. 

to guitar world.

Fucking moron at times.

https://www.guitarworld.com/amp/features/angels-and-airwaves-lifeforms

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

"But by the time I hand the music over to Ilan, fuck! Knowing him, it’s probably old Les Pauls and weird stuff – well, Les Pauls aren’t weird, but I just mean shit I don’t use. "

Please tell me this does not mean he gives the guy the tabs to his song and then they record, not him

4 minutes ago, Depf said:

"But by the time I hand the music over to Ilan, fuck! Knowing him, it’s probably old Les Pauls and weird stuff – well, Les Pauls aren’t weird, but I just mean shit I don’t use. "

Please tell me this does not mean he gives the guy the tabs to his song and then they record, not him

It sounds like he writes some stuff and gives it to Ilan but it could be that Ilan does an alternative rhythm track, as most rhythm tracks are at the very least doubled if not like, quadrupled in some cases for different tones and such. 

Still doesn't sound encouraging though, Tom can't be assed to record his own guitar parts? 

• Sad 1

Ok long shot but hear me out:

maybe he means he plugs his guitar into a les paul.

I just tried plugging my 333 into a SG and it sounds 100% like 09-15 Tom.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Still doesn't sound encouraging though, Tom can't be assed to record his own guitar parts? 

he also trotted out the old "Fugazi, Quicksand and CIV" influences line that he's been saying since press for BCR. when none of his shit sounds anything close to those bands.

• Like 3

Fugazi invented this technique called "Dynamique". It is a staple of the BCR school of songwriting .

It's when le drums get real pianissimo and the song builds to bursts of energy in a crashendo.

Tom is a very european renaissance man,bless his heart. His band mates just weren't enlightened, they never heard of les piqsouis.

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

also "New Order didn’t know what they were doing. If you listen to their songs, it’s like one finger on the keyboard at a time!" are you fucking kidding me tom? jesus. such a stupid thing to say.

Most of this interview made he sound like an idiot. Like seriously, considering how long he's been a musician, I'm baffled by half the dumb shit he said here. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

Most of this interview made he sound like an idiot. Like seriously, considering how long he's been a musician, I'm baffled by half the dumb shit he said here. 

German guitar mag, 2005, München. Tom gives an interview for the magazine. Talk guitars,  promote music.

he is a fucking tool box and everyone hated him within 2 minutes of him entering the room, not saying hello to anyone, refusing a handshake with the interviewer, moody, and his stupid hair. No Tom, we do not have mexican wine here you pretentious ciggot. Drink the beer you were offered.  Mexican wine....

The interview above makes me anxious that douche tom is still there, and worse, he will be coming back .

57 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

also "New Order didn’t know what they were doing. If you listen to their songs, it’s like one finger on the keyboard at a time!" are you fucking kidding me tom? jesus. such a stupid thing to say.

Isn't it true though? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

not even close. you might not enjoy their music, but it's really stupid thing to say about their discography.

I think they're great! But they're great because they're unconventional and lack conventional music training. 

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

Yikes - that’s mad. Hooky is one of the finest bassists of our times. Think I might swerve the interview

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Yikes - that’s mad. Hooky is one of the finest bassists of our times. Think I might swerve the interview

He is the daddy pal. Nobody plays like Hooky. That Tom quote is the most mental thing he’s ever said 

• Like 1
  • Love 1