The Tom Delonge Thread

Shit Poster

5 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Came here to say that Restless Souls is a banger. Our man Tom knows how to write a chorus 

One thing I still love about Tom is that despite all the crazy indulgent and overlong stuff AvA will do, Tom still values a catchy chorus.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah, because he's written that chorus around 4 times already. 

May I remind you…recycling is good for the environment 

• Haha 6

Seeing Start the Machine on the set list is enough to make me sad that I’m sitting this tour out. I still don’t feel completely safe gathering in a big sweaty setting like that with hundreds of people.

I have a ticket to see Taking Back Sunday and Jimmy Eat World in two weeks. It’s a dream tour for me. I think I’m gonna go but I’m definitely not as comfortable with the idea as I’d like to be.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Seeing Start the Machine on the set list is enough to make me sad that I’m sitting this tour out. I still don’t feel completely safe gathering in a big sweaty setting like that with hundreds of people.

I have a ticket to see Taking Back Sunday and Jimmy Eat World in two weeks. It’s a dream tour for me. I think I’m gonna go but I’m definitely not as comfortable with the idea as I’d like to be.

Yeah same here, they’ve lifted all restrictions here as of the day before yesterday so it’s finally open to go to hockey games and what not again, but I just can’t see myself doing it in the nearest future, I’m kinda waiting for everything to blow up in our faces with mutations and shit now when sports and concerts are back at full speed

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I feel you man. I debated for so long but I just bought a ticket see AVA in Boston. You have to show proof of vaccination to enter so I feel pretty comfortable. Especially since Massachusetts has one of the highest vaccination rates in the country.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Setlist spoiler alert!

Hide contents

Automatic was played instead of start the machine tonight, looks like their doing some light set list rotation on the tour

I feel like they just played it because the label told them to because it was doing really well. Tom played the guitar in the wrong key in sound check because he didn’t even know the song because ilan did the guitars apparently lol. So they didn’t rehearse it and they played a lot of songs Tom rehearsals that didnt make the cut

13 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Setlist spoiler alert!

Hide contents

Automatic was played instead of start the machine tonight, looks like their doing some light set list rotation on the tour

I feel less bad about missing it now lol. Last night would have been my show. Damn, last time AVA played in Portland it was the only show on the tour they didn’t play There Is in the medley. I was so bummed about that lol 

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

I feel like they just played it because the label told them to because it was doing really well. Tom played the guitar in the wrong key in sound check because he didn’t even know the song because ilan did the guitars apparently lol. So they didn’t rehearse it and they played a lot of songs Tom rehearsals that didnt make the cut

i doubt the label dictates this band's set list. losing my mind would be on it if that were the case. i don't think rise records gets any money from these shows. they just distribute the record. 

2 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i doubt the label dictates this band's set list. losing my mind would be on it if that were the case. i don't think rise records gets any money from these shows. they just distribute the record. 

When I said label I just meant his team in general. Pretty sure that’s not true about the label though, they wouldn’t sign deals just for the album. There’s no money to be made there and someone has to put up the capital for the tours. And pretty sure the only reason they’re not playing losing my mind is it’s too hard for Tom to sing.

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

When I said label I just meant his team in general. Pretty sure that’s not true about the label though, they wouldn’t sign deals just for the album. There’s no money to be made there and someone has to put up the capital for the tours. And pretty sure the only reason they’re not playing losing my mind is it’s too hard for Tom to sing.

Labels do distribution deals all the time.

21 minutes ago, NotNow said:

pretty sure the only reason they’re not playing losing my mind is it’s too hard for Tom to sing.

If that is the actual reason I think it’s smart of them to build a set list out of the songs where Tom perform the best vocally.

With that said the set should be longer with the addition of love era songs imo

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

that's exactly what most labels do these days. 

3 hours ago, NotNow said:

Yeah like @wannabe corn dog said that’s exactly what they’re doing. And you’re wrong about there’s no money to be made as well, depending on what deal they’ve done with the artist they can do pretty good from streaming alone.

Rihanna’s Umbrella has an made around 3 230 400 dollars, that’s one song on one streaming platform (Spotify). For the talent, they get a portion out of that amount, then ascap/bmi and for the musicians that played on the track there’s an agency that collect royalties for them as well (at least in Sweden). 

Umbrella is I obviously an extreme example but I chose it to make a point

I'm so bored of this album already.

Kiss & Tell and Rebel Girl were still the most exciting things to come off that album/promotion cycle. 

Losing My Mind, Restless Souls sure good, but very quickly don't want to put any effort in to revisit.

They REALLY needed another banger like K&T or RG to keep any interest once it was released. 

• Like 1