California discussion

boxelder

11 minutes ago, WPGBlink said:

Left Alone and San Diego are rapidly moving to the top of my faves as the days go by. 

Left Alone has sort of always remained in my top spot.  San Diego is good but if the weather's nice outside I feel far more impetus to play She's Out of Her Mind of even Sober, which has grown on me drastically.

10 hours ago, The Dog From Frasier said:

So my package was finally shipped today for the cd haha. Wonder who got the bases ? Anybody get their cd package from kings road merch yet?

Got my CD on Saturday. It came in perfect condition, but according to the Blink subreddit the shipping of the signed vinyls has been an absolute nightmare.

15 hours ago, thongrider said:

I can't believe there's not a song about San Francisco on the album, the bridge would've become famous and Matt could've rhymed San Francisco with Chicago.

My top five songs on the album are now:

1 San Diego
2 No Future
3 Teenage Satellites
4 Home Is Such a Lonely Place
5 She's Out of Her Mind

You mean like Mercy Me? 

Also they may have avoided it as theres a trio song called San Francisco isn't there?

17 hours ago, thongrider said:

I can't believe there's not a song about San Francisco on the album, the bridge would've become famous and Matt could've rhymed San Francisco with Chicago.

you're being sarcastic here, aren't you? :D

matt always sings about chicago and san francisco. just a couple of examples for those who didn't know it yet:

"tore out my liver when i left chicago" + "left my liver up in san francisco"

"i could've walked back to san francisco" + "i could've walked back to chicago"

"step four stop at lake michigan [next to chicago] and rinse your crimson hands" + "step four stop at berkeley marina [next to san francisco] and rinse your crimson hands"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrimCityGirl said:

You mean like Mercy Me? 

Also they may have avoided it as theres a trio song called San Francisco isn't there?

Yeah. I remember the first time I heard it (SF) and he sings Chicago, I thought "Is he gonna rhyme Chicago with San Francisco again?", but he doesn't really sing San Francisco in the song. I've just always associated ALK 3 with rhyming San Francisco with Chicago, it's become an inside joe in my head. 

I don't hate the album at all other than a couple songs, but damn I'm really bummed to say that I'm already kind of over it. Even the songs I liked a lot. I haven't had an urge to listen to it over and over again. Maybe I'll make a mini-album with only the songs I like and I'll be more into having that on repeat haha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

This is awesome:

haha that's pretty great.  I love what big fans that Mumford and Sons are of blink, they don't immediately seem like they'd be into a band like blink, but when you look at their music and their hooks and lyrics, you kinda do get a sense that blink have definitely had an influence on the band.

• Like 2

Just now, NotNow said:

I think sober may end up being my favorite on the album. Song is fucking awesome. Agree with whoever said that the final chorus should be "but let me call you back, now I'm sober."

I love the verses of that song, each telling a different unique story. 

24 minutes ago, rabbithats said:

I love the verses of that song, each telling a different unique story. 

Yea I do t know if it's my favorite song, but the verses have the best melody and lyrics of the verses on the album in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Kings of the weekend has really grown on me.

Still haven't fully taken to Los Angeles.

Kings of the Weekend is catchy shit and just fun.  No depth at all, but a fun as fuck jam. Los Angeles is too Used/FOB for me, even though I love most of The Used's stuff.