California discussion

boxelder

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I like Neighborhoods a lot and kind of have a bad taste in my mouth from California a little bit, but regardless California seems to be the work of 3 (well, 4.......) people who are all on the same page pushing for the album. Neighborhoods is pretty much defined by how fractured the whole thing was. 

I see your point. It was push-pull with Neighborhoods while California was all pull. Either way, both albums are amazing in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I never said Mark doesn't like Neighborhoods. But you could always sense that none of them were super proud of it. Travis has said he didn't like it, Tom didn't listen to the masters, etc.

The label probably didn't support the album because the album wasn't worth supporting. They knew it would make X amount of dollars without them pouring extra into it.

Also- I literally JUST said I loved Neighborhoods. I know it's hard to read sometimes in mom's dreary basement, but yeah. I have always been a staunch supporter of Neighborhoods. Doesn't mean I can't see that it was an objective failure of an album and could have been so, so much better.

I like that you try so hard to paint me as some basement dwelling man-child with no friends. My parents don't even have a basement, and I haven't lived at home since I was 24 between college and moving out when I got a secure enough job. Or even saying I don't have friends when I've met a lot of peeps on here, keep a good amount in contact who don't actually post anymore, and generally try to help everybody out when I can. I don't know if you can say the same about yourself, but maybe you should ease up on this kind of conduct cause it's not very flattering. Normally I wouldn't care but it's just constant with you. This weird anti-social behavior just isn't necessary. If you like blink, then be glad somebody can look at it a bit more objectively than you and share that. Don't just throw temper tantrum because you don't see eye to eye.

Also, you just said Mark wasn't proud with Neighborhoods. He is. So yeah, I was correcting you. Don't take it so personal.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I like that you try so hard to paint me as some basement dwelling man-child with no friends. My parents don't even have a basement, and I haven't lived at home since I was 24 between college and moving out when I got a secure enough job. Or even saying I don't have friends when I've met a lot of peeps on here, keep a good amount in contact who don't actually post anymore, and generally try to help everybody out when I can. I don't know if you can say the same about yourself, but maybe you should ease up on this kind of conduct cause it's not very flattering. Normally I wouldn't care but it's just constant with you. This weird anti-social behavior just isn't necessary. If you like blink, then be glad somebody can look at it a bit more objectively than you and share that. Don't just throw temper tantrum because you don't see eye to eye.

Also, you just said Mark wasn't proud with Neighborhoods. He is. So yeah, I was correcting you. Don't take it so personal.

Pretty rich coming from someone who constantly accuses me of making fake accounts to support my opinions!

You went there long before I did, pal. Now you better head upstairs and eat that soup mom made you before it gets cold.

2 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Neighborhoods sold 151,000 copies in its first week, while California is projected to sell 120-125,000 copies (including streams).

Pretty clear Neighborhoods was more successful in its first week.

Just curious where you're getting that figure (not that it matter much regardless), but Billboard is projecting about 150,00 copies: 

According to industry forecasters, California could debut atop the Billboard 200 with perhaps 150,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending July 7.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7430943/blink-182-dethrone-drake-billboard-200-no-1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Just curious where you're getting that figure (not that it matter much regardless), but Billboard is projecting about 150,00 copies: 

According to industry forecasters, California could debut atop the Billboard 200 with perhaps 150,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending July 7.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7430943/blink-182-dethrone-drake-billboard-200-no-1

I actually got it from their wiki.

http://headlineplanet.com/home/2016/07/02/blink-182s-california-pacing-to-win-sales-race-dethrone-views-on-billboard-200/

(but I see the article is from last week)

35 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

You'd think fans would actually be glad that the album is selling well. 

Well some fans are angry that blink isn't what they think blink should be.  And even though they won't say it, its clear that many of these kinds of fans are secretly hoping for this era of blink to fail for one reason or another; I guess to validate their opinion of what blink is supposed to be.

• Like 4

Just now, The Watcher on the Wall said:

So if I'm understanding some of the logic here right, blink has the #1 album in the US and the UK, and the number 1 song, but it has failed to be as successful as Neighborhoods which had none of these things? :rolleyes:

And according to the post above yours, they've actually outsold Neighborhoods in its first week by 35,000 copies or so.  Crazy, when you consider that Neighborhoods was the comeback after being broken up album, I'm sure if they got it out in a timely matter like in 2009 instead of 2011, Neighborhoods would probably have sold significantly better.

• Like 2

I'm not sure where anybody said it was a failure, I know I said it wasn't doing as well as Neighborhoods. Outside of one website titled "rumor mill", I haven't seen anything to contradict that. still, some people are in denial about the state of things.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

I'm not sure where anybody said it was a failure, I know I said it wasn't doing as well as Neighborhoods. Outside of one website titled "rumor mill", I haven't seen anything to contradict that. still, some people are in denial about the state of things.

You, mostly

• Like 2

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

It's #1 in the UK and will be #1 in the US. Who is denying what?