California discussion

boxelder

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

Sober is a highlight of the album and just a great song. yep, it's got some pop aspects to it. but it's still very blink-182. it's catchy, upbeat, fun, enjoyable lyrics.

Its Blink? Really name just one Blink song that comes close to it other than anything else on California???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

Name a song that comes close to I Miss You, other than on Untitled. 

But see the problem with that is, I never claimed that I miss was "totally Blink"...it's really not other than maybe the call and response between Mark and Tom. So the onus of proof ain't on me. Nice try though.

But there is a notable difference between I miss you and Sober, ones amazing, the other is a piece of shit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

But see the problem with that is, I never claimed that I miss was "totally Blink"...it's really not other than maybe the call and response between Mark and Tom. So the onus of proof ain't on me. Nice try though.

But there is a notable difference between I miss you and Sober, ones amazing, the other is a piece of shit.

tuxzux.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

tuxzux.jpg

are we going to have to resort to putting 'imo' after everything we say? Of course it's what I think. I'm not speaking for anybody else, even if there are those who think the same. 

• Like 4

Sober sounds like it could fit perfectly on Taylor Swifts discography.

Seriously, go listen to her Red album released a few years ago.

My sisters listened to that album non stop when I lived at home so I know it pretty well haha. And I'm not saying Taylor Swift sucks because shes super talented but it just shows that Sober is a pure pop song.

• Like 1

Just now, dyls5 said:

Sober sounds like it could fit perfectly on Taylor Swifts discography.

Seriously, go listen to her Red album released a few years ago.

My sisters listened to that album non stop when I lived at home so I know it pretty well haha. And I'm not saying Taylor Swift sucks because shes super talented but it just shows that Sober is a pure pop song.

Nobody is fucking denying it's a pop song ffs. What's your point? It sounds like Swifty? Big fucking deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scott. said:

Nobody is fucking denying it's a pop song ffs. What's your point? It sounds like Swifty? Big fucking deal. 

Because I don't want my favorite band to start sounding like Taylor Swift. Pretty fucking simple.

• Like 3

Just now, dyls5 said:

So you would be totally fine if Blink transitioned into a pure pop band?

I honestly don't give a shit. It's not going to happen. People are losing their shit over nothing. This is what the old blink fans were like when Enema came out. 

If I like a song I like it I don't give a fuck what genre it is. 

• Like 6

The idea that blink will 'start sounding' like Taylor swift and are 'getting poppy' is an argument that is almost laughable. All the small things is painfully a pop song. The music video with them making fun of boy bands actually works with the song. 

Sober is just a fun song and is just one of 16 tracks on the album. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

I have come to the conclusion that some people here have a really shitty tastes in music. Bohemian Rhapsody is terrible song, Taylor Swift is amazing.....lol

I couldn't figure out why so many people liked this album, now I know, they like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.

I'm having trouble understanding how any of the California haters liked blink in the first place (at least through enema and take off you pants and jacket)

• Like 3