California discussion

boxelder

13 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

I got your quote mixed up with one before it, I apologize. 

What I meant was in reply to "writing credits are given to substantial contributions"  we don't know what Mark, Matt and Travis consider substantial  

No problem 8)

True. Co-writing is usually a contribution to the chord progression and the top line melody though, so I presume he had quite the input on that. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

It's easier for them to shout out Stump because he only wrote that one line. Feldmann wrote more so they won't mention each line he contributed with.

We just watched a video where they talk about the writing of 16 songs and didn't mention Feldman writing a single part.

Glad for everyone's friends who freaked out over how good it is! My friends have had the same reaction as me - Glad they're having success! Some songs are awesome some are terrible, it sounds too poppy so it won't be an album that sticks with me for long.

And for the record, very few "haters" are going as insane as the "defend at all costs" crowd haha. I think people with critiques have generally been pretty detailed. At least I've tried to be, it's more fun to actually discuss things than just shout over each other.

He got 20% writing credits on every song, legally. The breakdown has been posted before. Had he played a bigger role than that, he would have been credited for it. That's how you get paid.

It's not that big of a deal and you people are psychos.

Luckily, your every day, average, sane blink fan loves the new stuff and couldn't give a fuck how much input the producer of the album may or may not have had in constructing the songs.

:)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Well if you go by that video, then I guess he wrote nothing and they just gave him writing credits because they jus friends. wake up sheeple.

How do you know forsure either way? Do you have the contract in front of you or something saying exactly what he had his hand in? For all we know that could have been part of the contract  he built up that he gets 20% writing credit to help push the songs along. It's possible. Either side is possible 

This arguments stupid anywyas. I personally don't care. I just pick which songs I like or don't like and move on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Well if you go by that video, then I guess he wrote nothing and they just gave him writing credits because they jus friends. wake up sheeple.

do you really think he wrote lyrics or guitar parts or vocal melodies for each and every song?

matt obviously did not do anything on built this pool, but he's there as a songwriter.

all 4 guys who were there in the studio working on the songs got songwriting credit on every song. is it weird? yes, it is. it's not precise at all. probably because it isn't really about who wrote the songs - it's about who will get money when those songs are played.

• Like 1

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

Yeah Sheeple wake the fuck up!!! Don't you know Feldmann is a high ranking member of the Illuminati and taking over pop punk bands is part of his central plan to take over the world?!?!?!

plain as fucking day!