California discussion

boxelder

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I cannot believe that blink-182 is now ripping off Hilary Duff. Just listen to this song John "fuckup" Feldmann produced. It sounds EXACTLY like California.

Shit is this a California lost tracks EP leak?? 

(Side note: always thought she was kind of a fox)

• Like 1

I actually hear a lot of similarities, you have to remove the female vocals obviously. But there are similar structures in the way he writes the chorus, and licks and pops, mostly high hat stuff, during interlude, I certainly see elements in that song that are in Sober and "Los Angeles".

But you aren't going to be able to make a direct connection between Duff and Blink on everything, Blink retained some of themselves, with the vocals, Travis and his drums, and other stuff. I never once said it was rip and read Hillary Duff, but there are certainly many elements of that which Feldman brought to the table.

I don't get why you have to deny this Ghent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

Goldfinger - Superman is one of the best songs ever made.

Just throwing that out there great song

I think the whole Stomping Ground - album goes to my all time favorite albums top-6. Every song is a masterpiece. Not same album that superman is on, but still.

4 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

You can hear Feldmann, you can hear Mark, you can hear Travis. The only skiba influence you can hear is his voice, really. maybe some lyrics but it sounds nothing like anything else he's ever done. that's technically a good thing although personally half of the reason I was so excited for the new era of blink was because I love Skiba's work and was waiting to hear his signature sound blended with the band. 

and apparently I'm still waiting. 

I think the chorus to TS and the "Yeah we all need something to live for" of SOOHM are very alkaline trio. 

4 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I think y'all are obsessed with trying to deny that he had anything to do with it. I mean, if you bought the album, it's right on the fucking insert that he co wrote every single song, and then when you look at his history, of ya know, writing songs for certain bands, and writing songs for pop singers, and like brought it by labels to write material for bands, and finally how a lot of songs he's done in the past are clearly reflected in the Blink material he wrote......

Stands to reason that he had a pretty good hand in this.

But why let facts get in the way on a "fanboy" story? and when all else fails "well I like Hillary Duff and 69 seconds to summer too, so I am fine with it".

I don't think they try to deny, I think they just don't care.

7 minutes ago, CC182 said:

I think the whole Stomping Ground - album goes to my all time favorite albums top-6. Every song is a masterpiece. Not same album that superman is on, but still.

Hang Ups is way better than SG. That being said, Margaret Ann is such a nice song.

Feldman was in a hair rock band before Green Day made it big, and started playing Ska when it got cool. He really is a trend jumper, but he's talented at what he does. 

While i like the album, i think feldman played a huge part in how it sounds. It annoys me the same way it annoys everyone. But at the end of the day I like the songs and thats all that really matters. I can put up with it for this album but i hope in future that I cant hear feldmans influence as much on the next albums. 

• Like 2