California discussion

boxelder

I had a tour of an analog studio, once, for the chance to get on a degree. they were boasting teaching both and as much as I thought learning analog would be, for the most part, a waste of time, I couldn't get over how beautiful it was.

Definitely, I don't like that way of working. I don't like the "lets-record-this-little-riff-and-then-add-little-pieces-to-the-puzzle-for-the-mixer-to-tweak-of". Is everything techy, but way far to being natural and real. And I guess that's what Grohl was talking about when all the buzz he made with that documentary about Sound City.

Blink-182 has always been a band known for their artistic integrity. Especially in the studio. Organic as fuck.

Just listen to Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. Love the minimalist production on those albums. Everything is basically recorded in one take! #art

10 hours ago, Blink182life-4life said:

Bored to death cynical Hisalp San Diego and no future redeem this record.   Everything else ranges from adequate to horrendous.   My opinion on the record continues to evolve but overall it could have been better.   

TOMBOT TOMBOT TOMBOT.

Los Angeles, San Diego and Bored to Death are the best three songs on the album.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zoltan said:

i really like this acoustic cover of left alone. the best song on the album anyway.

lol I thought this was a mistake then I looked at the track list and saw the track. Some of the songs are completely forgettable. 

My favourites are Cynical, Home is Such a Lonely Place, Rabbit Hole and She's Out of her Mind as it's been stuck in my head for a week.

Kings of the Weekend and Bored to Death are pretty good too.

• Like 1