California discussion

boxelder

I think you can both dislike the album and feel very unenthusiastic about current blink but also be proud and happy for them. that's how I feel anyway - The Grammy's are stupid but Mark and Travis have deserved it for years. Mark is finally doing what he loves and has a functioning guitarist, and they're finally getting the success they've been forced to do without due to Tom for the last like 13 years.

I can feel proud and happy whilst also thinking California is friggin' awful and having zero excitement for the deluxe edition. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I think you can both dislike the album and feel very unenthusiastic about current blink but also be proud and happy for them. that's how I feel anyway - The Grammy's are stupid but Mark and Travis have deserved it for years. Mark is finally doing what he loves and has a functioning guitarist, and they're finally getting the success they've been forced to do without due to Tom for the last like 13 years.

I can feel proud and happy whilst also thinking California is friggin' awful and having zero excitement for the deluxe edition. 

That's kinda how I feel too, but a little more stoked about the Grammy nod. But in general I see something like the fact that SOOHM is going to hit number 1 and on one hand OF COURSE I say "fuck yeah it's awesome to have my favorite band doing so well!" but on the other hand I'm like "but it's so bizarre that I still have never heard it on the radio, I think the song is annoying, and none of the Blink fans in my life enjoy it either." haha

• Like 3

I'm not agreed with you guys, I'm really excited about blink future. They have a Grammy nomination, deluxe album on the way, tv apparences and also media coverage. I like the way the things moving forward. Sometimes I think that you all really don't know what you want from the guys.

6 minutes ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Umm ... good songs ... that's about it.

Yeah, basically. I want songs I like, they haven't managed that lately. I'm happy for them, but I don't like the music currently. I hope that changes but as this has been so successful for them I don't think it will. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skeeboob said:

I just hate those woah's with a burning passion and would never understand why they were written in there the first place.

They use a backing track for Mark anyways, just let him take a breather and let the backing track play so when he sings the next part so he doesn't sound like he's having an asthma attack there too.

It starts with a "F" and kind of sounds like Shelden. But with an F sound and a "men" sound at the end.

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

what?! you mean i'm a fan of the band whose message board i've camped for over 10 years?

i am such a freak!

Oliver has proven that you don't need to be a fan to spend 10 years on a message board. You can just just as easily try to shit on everything they do for 10 years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EveryonebutOliveriswrong said:

Oliver has proven that you don't need to be a fan to spend 10 years on a message board. You can just just as easily try to shit on everything they do for 10 years.

LOL, I don't think I shit on the band. I am a realist, which is why I saw all the Tom stuff a coming many years before you guys were done sucking his dick. It is why I saw the reunion for what it was, again, many years before you guys would admit it had problems.

5 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Been coming here for 11 years, been a blink fan for 17-18 years and I still can see them for what they are. Blind devotion isn't a pre-requisite for fandom.

I spent a good 2 or 3 years here being called out for being too negative. no blind devotion here.

just happened to be stoked when my band is active, enjoying themselves, and having success. it's cool to be resistant since Tom's not in the band or whatever you guys get all uptight about, but i'm just not feeling it. Love the current state of the band ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

LOL, I don't think I shit on the band. I am a realist, which is why I saw all the Tom stuff a coming many years before you guys were done sucking his dick. It is why I saw the reunion for what it was, again, many years before you guys would admit it had problems.

You predicted like one thing that ended up happening (and a bunch of stuff that DIDN'T) and you act like you're god's gift to foresight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

You had a shrine to Tom until you were like 27. You got in more dick sucking than any of us could ever imagine.

Ever seen Major League 2? You're just like Randy Quaid. And when Tom comes back and puts on a Hurley beanie the way Wild Thing put on those glasses, you'll come crawling back just like Randy Quaid.

randy-quaid-major-league.jpg

• Like 2