California discussion

boxelder

14 hours ago, Ghent said:

I've been reading Travis' biography (everyone should read it btw)..found it interesting that Travis didn't get writing credits on Enema of the State and wouldn't have gotten them on TOYPAJ had he not demanded a share.

Enema I can understand because at that point he can still be a session drummer. It sucks but you shouldn't expect to walk in and grab a slice of the pie. But for TOYPAJ, that is bullshit.

19 hours ago, Ghent said:

I am under no obligation to "formulate a response" to anything you say to me. This isn't high school debate class Oliver.

If it was, I would mention that you like to accuse people of using strawman arguments against you. Well I think you use similar debate tactics/fallacies... most notably red herrings.

Someone disagrees with you and you instantly go to "ghent one liners" "ghent can't back up his claims" etc etc as a way to divert attention to a different topic.

What you do in this forum, what you have always done is the equivalent of saying "Hey want to fight! I will kick your ass" and then when someone accepts the challenge, you run away. Then you come back 2 days later and repeat the process. It is your trademark.

58 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

What you do in this forum, what you have always done is the equivalent of saying "Hey want to fight! I will kick your ass" and then when someone accepts the challenge, you run away. Then you come back 2 days later and repeat the process. It is your trademark.

There's a difference between resisting your efforts to drag me into a NEVER ENDING, CIRCULAR debate and "running and hiding." lol

also, i am pretty much on here M-F, 8-5. Not sure where I'm hiding exactly. YOU are the who disappears for weeks at a time, only to return, poorly informed, trying to stoke a debate.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ghent said:

There's a difference between resisting your efforts to drag me into a NEVER ENDING, CIRCULAR debate and "running and hiding." lol

also, i am pretty much on here M-F, 8-5. Not sure where I'm hiding exactly. YOU are the who disappears for weeks at a time, only to return, poorly informed, trying to stoke a debate.

I didn't say you were not on here, I said you hit and then run and hide from debate, and your classifications of it being a "never ending circular debate" is just your way of copping out of being unable to defend your positions. Because you will come on here all the time and say how great the album is and make certain  accusations about the negative stuff being said are just tombots but when called on that stuff then suddenly it is a "circular debate" yet you will come back time and time and time again with the same arguments having not refuted people who challenged you. So the idea that you are above the frey is complete nonsense. You like to make points and then run and hide.

Like I said, it is your trademark.

• Like 1

The best recent example was when Ghent claimed that no musician on here could know as much about bass playing as Mark Hoppus, then the musicians appeared and it was a total takedown and Ghent went away, claiming later that "I don't get involved in never ending debates". But that clearly wasn't the case, the case was that Ghent got schooled and had to leave the conversation.

Obviously I like you Ghent, but what I just described above is the case a lot.

^Exhibit A of Oliver Red Herring Tactics^

Has turned a nice little exchange about the validity of blink's success into an attack on me.

Going as far as to bring up some old argument that I don't even remember (i assume i once said Mark was a better bassist than anyone on this message board? don't know)

But this is the same guy that bashed me for something he thought I said literally 8 years ago. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Love you too Oliver :)

59 minutes ago, Ghent said:

^Exhibit A of Oliver Red Herring Tactics^

Has turned a nice little exchange about the validity of blink's success into an attack on me.

Going as far as to bring up some old argument that I don't even remember (i assume i once said Mark was a better bassist than anyone on this message board? don't know)

But this is the same guy that bashed me for something he thought I said literally 8 years ago. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Love you too Oliver :)

No, it is you creating the red herring with this. Try to keep up.

Ghent: Blink album is amazing, cause of like awards and such, all who disagree are tombots.

Others: Have opposing opinion.

Ghent: Runs and hides and brings up original point again and again.

Oliver calls Ghent out and gives examples of this behavior. instead of Ghent addressing that, he again proves that he runs and hides by switching to something else.

Good joB!