California discussion

boxelder

23 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I like that you get offended if people don't directly respond to everything you say.

It's not hit and run. It's "read what oliver said and move the fuck on because i have nothing additional to say"

How could I be offended? You've been doing it since you've been here. It is expected.

I am simply calling your passive aggressive nonsense out. You try to pass it off as "I am above the frey" but I am simply saying I know the truth, which is, you can't defend the shit you say.

7 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

How could I be offended? You've been doing it since you've been here. It is expected.

I am simply calling your passive aggressive nonsense out. You try to pass it off as "I am above the frey" but I am simply saying I know the truth, which is, you can't defend the shit you say.

The all knowing, all seeing Oliver.

I'm sorry, I sometimes forget I'm in the presence of a sage. I will be sure to dig deep the next time you use a red herring during a debate, flat out lie, or bring up something from 7 years ago to get the subject changed.

16 hours ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Woah's are fine, there's just a time and place for them. That time and place isn't EVERY FUCKING SONG THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FUCKING SONG.

Yup it's seriously overwhelming. On something like SOOHM the song would be so much better if they just shut the fuck up sometimes and let the music play. Especially in the chorus. Take out the "WHOOOOA OH OH OH OHHH" after every line and the "OOHH YEEEEAAAHHH" before "we all need something to live for" and it's a much more tolerable song (in my opinion).

i agree that they overuse the whoas on the album a bit, but they work great on SOOHM and really make the song.

24 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Hot take: there's no way this is coming out in February. They're still working on it and have turned it into a full double album to be released late spring or on blink 182 day again this year. 

I expect this as well. Or it will turn into an entire new album or something

4 hours ago, NotNow said:

Hot take: there's no way this is coming out in February. They're still working on it and have turned it into a full double album to be released late spring or on blink 182 day again this year. 

I said it a few weeks ago. I can see a late spring early summer release, matchig with the start of the European tour or just a little bit early. That's why they're pushing She's Out Of Her Mind, it will peak #1, or will be really close, and make some impact just before the Grammys.

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

i agree that they overuse the whoas on the album a bit, but they work great on SOOHM and really make the song.

I actually love the 'oh yeah' on SOOHM, only part of the song I like really. the irritating part of SOOHM is the 'EH EH EH ANTISOCIAL' bit. SOOHM is not the song I think of for annoying whoas or nas. 

2 hours ago, jd9973l said:

Listened to the album yesterday for the first time in awhile. Travis's drumming is great in all but it doesn't feel like a "punk rock" record like what I think they aimed for without the traditional style of drums (like he did in Toypaj and eots)

That's because the way it's mixed, it's too dominant. Too much of a good thing isn't always great.  He was doing just as awesome of drum beats and fills in the past albums but you'll notice they're more in the background as they should be.  Pretty much half the songs are lead by the drum beat on Cali, kind of strange.