California discussion

boxelder

10 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

why the fuck did everyone like it when it came out, and now all of a sudden its a bad record.

I still think of it the same way i did back in July. I love California

I don't think anybody has said that (not me). To the people who are being critics with the album since a few weeks, I think that what's happening is that California just gets on its own slot on the band's discography after the initial effervescence and hype. That's what I experienced. Once you get enough plays and put it in context, you get a different perspective. I mean, at least to me, it happens really often. My case hasn't been so radical, though. I sitll like the album, but well, it's not going to be my first choice when I reccomend a blink record, or is not the first one that comes to my mind when thinking or remembering blink. Any song on that ecord would be my first choice in any blink related situation.

Also, this has been spiced with some other facts and crossed debates, which end up showing a blurry and cofusing view. But mainly, that's what has happened, in my opinion. And, in the end, the drama is much less than what it seems to be.

When we go through this kind of (almost) eternal discussions, I always think that if we all would much better understood if we were talking in person. It would be much less harsh. That, or we all would be ending stabbing each others, hahaha.

• Like 1

They will be like "we came in, just putting finishing touches on the songs that didnt make it on the record. But Feldmann has a crazy energy and so we wrote like 10 more songs so now we have like 15! Coffee coffee donut donut hahaha"

Enter california pt2 summer 2017. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Ate they still releasing the new songs in Feb?

Mark said they're planning mid February but it could change. Since they're seemingly still recording, we assume its probably changed but nothing's been said.

47 minutes ago, RAX said:

They will be like "we came in just putting finishing touches on the songs that didnt make it on the record. But Feldmann has a crazy energy and so we wrote like 10 more songs so now we have like 15! Coffee coffee donut donut hahaha"

Enter california pt2 summer 2017. 

That's how love pt 2 happened. It was originally going to be an EP of the love b sides (Surrender and Strange Celebration) with the love score to come out alongside the movie in August, but Tom just kept turning stuff from the score into full songs and it became a full album released in November. Doomsday California pt 2 is basically love pt 2.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boxelder said:

unless it's a digital only deluxe edition like weezer's white album, i can't imagine we'll see the deluxe edition in february. what with CD manufacturing times and such 

A few weeks I think. I was also thinking about mixing and mastering and promoting. I know they wouldn't do a full promotion cycle like California but I would imagine at least like three weeks.