California discussion

boxelder

In Travis' biography he goes out of his way to say that he hates producers that write songs for bands.

He also says that Neighborhoods was tough because Finn wasn't there to guide them. The band trusted him and listened when he told them to make changes or do something different. 

Logic would suggest that Feldmann probably took on a bit more of a writing role since they lost their lead guitarist and songwriter, but still operated as a trustworthy mentor more than anything. 

Travis didn't even get song writing credits on Enema and had to threaten the band in order to get them on TOYPAJ. Clearly songwriting creds can be part of an arrangement. I'm not saying Feldmann didn't help write, but I think it is WAY overplayed on this message board. Like whoa.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

In Travis' biography he goes out of his way to say that he hates producers that write songs for bands.

He also says that Neighborhoods was tough because Finn wasn't there to guide them. The band trusted him and listened when he told them to make changes or do something different. 

Logic would suggest that Feldmann probably took on a bit more of a writing role since they lost their lead guitarist and songwriter, but still operated as a trustworthy mentor more than anything. 

Travis didn't even get song writing credits on Enema and had to threaten the band in order to get them on TOYPAJ. Clearly songwriting creds can be part of an arrangement. I'm not saying Feldmann didn't help write, but I think it is WAY overplayed on this message board. Like whoa.

It would be easier to think that if we didn't have interviews about Feldy literally writing things for the band. In my opinion, if they wanted him to help write songs since they lost Tom, they should've just had him join the band instead of Skiba. Doesn't it make more sense that Skiba should have been the one picking up that slack?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

It would be easier to think that if we didn't have interviews about Feldy literally writing things for the band. In my opinion, if they wanted him to help write songs since they lost Tom, they should've just had him join the band instead of Skiba. Doesn't it make more sense that Skiba should have been the one picking up that slack?

i don't remember we have interviews about feldmann literally writing music instead of the band members. the interviews said nothing concrete. it was just some people here who interpreted an egocentric producer's words as factual evidence that he wrote everything, and then they propagandized it non-stop.

feldmann literally said he worked on the songs with the band. these kind of sentences were translated into "feldmann wrote everything" after feldmann's name appeared in the writers section on the booklet... (note: feldmann is the co-writer of 95% of the albums he produced.)

you can't be sure that feldmann "wrote" more than finn or any other producers. the only confirmed fact is that blink-182 wrote and recorded the entire album at feldmann's studio, and feldmann was always there. therefore he tends to use the words "we did".

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I like what you did there.

• Like 2

Who is saying "Feldman wrote everything?". That is something the ass kissers seem to think people are saying when no one is saying it. Obviously there are lyrics that only Mark could have written. But I imagine Feldman's input goes something like this, lets pretend the following represents a song.

Mark writes: Me love so super much, my dog, your is beatiful.

Feldman's correction: I love you so much, my god you are so beautiful.

So the essence of the songs are Blink, but Feldman fucked with everything.

21 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Who is saying "Feldman wrote everything?". That is something the ass kissers seem to think people are saying when no one is saying it. Obviously there are lyrics that only Mark could have written. But I imagine Feldman's input goes something like this, lets pretend the following represents a song.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Olidamus said:

This is top 5 most retarded things I've ever seen on this forum.

like fuck I agree with you but mate sort out your arguments cause you look like an uneducated fuckwit.

54 minutes ago, LukeKaybag said:

This is top 5 most retarded things I've ever seen on this forum.

like fuck I agree with you but mate sort out your arguments cause you look like an uneducated fuckwit.

Argument is sound and not retarded at all. Just another one who calls something "retarded" but can't even explain why it is so. That is far more retarded.