California discussion

boxelder

6 minutes ago, Since88 said:

I was against this lineup at first as maybe some of you guys remember, probably @Ghent

I do miss Tom! I think an album with Feldmann and Tom would be awesome, just imagine Ghost On The Dancefloor or Natives with a real production on it! 

When it comes down to California, I just don't fucking care, this album rocks! It has been blasting in my car since the leak.. I love it!

I'm proud of you, son!

haha, but in all seriousness, I would be stoked if Tom rejoined the band and they released an album under Feldmann. (provided Tom came back to Earth and wasn't a total fucking conniving douche)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dyls5 said:

Listening to the album now and I just realized im skipping way more songs. Home has grown on my a lot and I really enjoy it now. Unfortunately only about 4 of the 16 songs have sticking power for me. At first I really liked Los Angeles but now that has gotten a bit boring.

Congratulations

14 minutes ago, dyls5 said:

Listening to the album now and I just realized im skipping way more songs. Home has grown on my a lot and I really enjoy it now. Unfortunately only about 4 of the 16 songs have sticking power for me. At first I really liked Los Angeles but now that has gotten a bit boring.

Curious to see if this becomes a common sentiment towards this album, most pop music has short staying power.

Also if Dan or someone could shitpost in my Night Verses thread that would be cool. I mean every other thread I've made has gotten someone to come on in say how shit the band I think is great is, Night Verses is certainly good enough for that I promise!

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Devastated for the blink fans that hate Cali. Must be absolutely sickening for them. 

Yeah it sucks but what can you do. I was mad but then the new Night Verses album came out and I realized that there will be tons of other music to listen to, Blink will be back in time, and I'll see then if they interest me again. If not I will always have the old stuff.

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Devastated for the blink fans that hate Cali. Must be absolutely sickening for them. 

Meh, this album was doomed to have is share of haters no matter how great it turned out to be.   Really I'm just happy at overall how many people accept and embrace this era of blink with Matt and not Tom.  I've always been more of a glass half full kind of guy, though in this case it's more of a glass is 7/8ths full situation as opposed to the glass is 1/8th empty. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i'm pretty sure Good Charlotte co-owns the studio feldmann works out of

Really? lol that's funny, I'm sure he did create the wondrous sound in that video, that apparently Blink fans wanted the whole time.

EDIT: Didn't realize that album came out in 4 days, he is the producer on it.

5 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i'm pretty sure Good Charlotte co-owns the studio feldmann works out of

.......who gives a shit?

really scraping at the bottom of the barrel now. thank god The Offspring don't supposedly own half of Feldmann's studio...the music would really suck then!!

Just now, Ghent said:

.......who gives a shit?

really scraping at the bottom of the barrel now. thank god The Offspring don't supposedly own half of Feldmann's studio...the music would really suck then!!

Well it means that he runs in the same circles with them, likes the kind of music they make enough to work with them, etc. Which is pretty relevant.

Also I actually like a bunch of Goldfinger songs. Seems like he's in the production business solely for the money.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

.......who gives a shit?

he asked if feldmann really worked on the new GC album, so i pointed out that they share a studio. has nothing to do with blink. you're getting way too overly defensive. calling people "punk rock elitists" for criticizing a producer and actually being able to back up their claims. and now freaking out on people for answering any feldmann related questions. 

can't even mention the guy's name around here, apparently. 

• Like 1