California discussion

boxelder

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

Just reading the name "The Offspring" annoys me. I instantly hear their singer's irritating voice in my head. Terrible band.

I hate them. You're bang on he has the worst voice in the history of music. Awful bastards

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

So Blink played tonight on Kimmel.

Matt is fat and cannot play guitar. Is this just a modern Blink thing?

He's not fat, and I don't get why he struggles so much with blink stuff, he's never had an issue playing guitar live with Alk3. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Although you're right for the exercise and god dieat part, is not that easy to get fit as long as you get older.

I was always skinny without trouble until i hit 23. Then i started gaining weight without changing diet or anything else and had to start exercising and stay away from unhealthy food. And since then, i gain weight very easily. Funny how fast things change. 

Most people by 40 don't give enough shits to be thin, especially if you are stressed out beyond belief (which is most) Like my day may fucking suck balls, but I am going to at least enjoy my coffee and my donuts, food is sometime like the only pleasure. Am I expected to be miserable and on top of that eat kale for lunch? Fuck that.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Most people by 40 don't give enough shits to be thin, especially if you are stressed out beyond belief (which is most) Like my day may fucking suck balls, but I am going to at least enjoy my coffee and my donuts, food is sometime like the only pleasure. Am I expected to be miserable and on top of that eat kale for lunch? Fuck that.

Sad but true. Even if your're not 40 yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Eating a donut & drinking coffee doesn't necessitate a weight gain. At the end of the day you'll be even more miserable if you look fat.

Well, to me, getting fat is not only an aesthetic problem per se, which in the end is, well... not a problem. The thing is the side health problems you can get if you go out of control on that.

A mid aged person, with stress problems, not taking care about eating well and not exercising at all is just buying ticket to have heart problems, and what nots. Sadly, a lot of times that lesson is learned the hard way.

34 minutes ago, MSandt said:

What the fuck..

Dexter seems like a cool guy, a lot more likable than any of the blink dudes.

No idea if he's "cool" or not, I said his voice was irritating as fuck and that I hate that band.

1 hour ago, RAX said:

Yea, you feel better, less stressed, unhappy etc if you take care of yourself. When you ignore shit food you stop craving it. Eating donuts and unhealthy food is not helping getting through a hard day. 

Sounds like what someone who hasn't actually tried to sort themselves out would say. I did really well for months, lost a bunch of weight, took a break at christmas and it's like I'm re-addicted to crack. it is by no means an easy thing to switch on and sort.

Especially when there are other pressures presenting themselves. I mean, the blink guys are rich, but money can't buy health. they lead a very unhealthy lifestyle if you think about it, in some ways it can't be helped. Also HE'S NOT FAT lol

• Like 2