California discussion

boxelder

16 hours ago, Blink182acti0n said:

Anyone remember going to their website when the mark Tom and Travis show came out? coolest theme ever. Lol back then.

Yup, that's the first time I actually went to their site I believe.

I'll never forget hearing that cartoon Tom go "Heads up 7-Up" over and over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"HERE WE GOOOO" is the worst part of Kings Of The Weekend in my opinion. Another example of just stuffing vocal lines into every crevice of California instead of letting the music breathe a bit. I also agree with Kay that the nostalgia angle works best for that song, I guess I wish they would've used "we were the kings of the weekend" if they wanted to go that route. I CAN'T STOP RETROACTIVELY TRYING TO PRODUCE THE ALBUM AAAHHHHH

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I guess I wish they would've used "we were the kings of the weekend" if they wanted to go that route.

Yeah, that would have been better.

I still don't like the idea of singing about being "kings of the weekend" at all, but if it had been done in the past-tense it would have been more tolerable.

• Like 3

Okay my roommate is listening to California right now (I've been friends with this dude forever and he's never shown any interest in  blink-182 until recently. This is cool. Haha) and Kings of the Weekend is playing. I have to say that despite my complaints I do like this song overall. Musically it's probably one of my favorites on the album. I just wish the lyrics were about something else.

• Like 3

Lots of people seem to love Left Alone but it's never stood out to me as being particularly good. I see it as one of the duds/filler tracks on the album. It's always interesting how much our opinions can differ. I mean, it's not bad, but I don't think it's anything special and it's not something I ever go out of my way to listen to.

On the flip side Los Angeles is one of my favorites and a lot of people don't like it, and I really like Sober and it seems to be one of the most hated blink tracks ever. 

• Like 2