California Press, Articles, and Interviews

Chewy030

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

ok, i reword it: they got a new member and learned to work together as a band. (i didn't mean it as they built a new brand from scratch - just wanted to highlight the work behind creating something out of nothing. turning a dysfunctional band into a functional band.)

In which case, still nope.

Haha, only joking! Nah, I agree with you there chap. It just goes to prove that blink isn't a complete legacy band (yet). They've been getting some serious media attention with the new song and people seem to genuinely digging it which must make them feel that they made the correct decision. I do kinda wish Tom was still in the band though. But I do NOT mean the Tom we've 'known' for the last 12+ years. Having said that, I'm absolutely buzzing my tits off for the full record to be out. Alkaline Trio (and Matt in particular) are one of my all time favourite bands, so to have Matt, Mark and Travis release a COMPLETE record, not just guest vocal or whatever each on a song or something, is beyond amazing for me!

• Like 1

Surprised Travis reiterated that he talks to Tom on a weekly basis.

Also Ghent you have gone into full-blown fanboy mode since the single dropped. Obviously stating the names of the band members in the exact order that they were before while replacing Tom with Matt is a sensationalist jab at Tom by Kerrang. Someone is a Tombot for thinking that? Really? That's really not far-fetched at all...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, decisions said:

Surprised Travis reiterated that he talks to Tom on a weekly basis.

Also Ghent you have gone into full-blown fanboy mode since the single dropped. Obviously stating the names of the band members in the exact order that they were before while replacing Tom with Matt is a sensationalist jab at Tom by Kerrang. Someone is a Tombot for thinking that? Really? That's really not far-fetched at all...

That surprised me as well. So Tom isn't COMPLETELY full of shit. It's good that they're talking and there's no bad blood but i sure as hell don't want him back cause you know he won't be able to commit. 

42 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Haha you keep telling yourself that

The "mark tom and travis show" was sort of, you know, a mark tom and travis thing to do

I don't know man, people keep taking things for "jabs at Tom" and I think 90% of the time it's either imagined or something as simple as inserting Matt's name into Tom's slot as a reference to the fact that he replaced Tom in the lineup.

• Like 1