California Press, Articles, and Interviews

Chewy030

8 hours ago, Cpen5311 said:

Reposting this from the GD thread: http://www.101wkqx.com/2016/05/02/travis-barker-checks-in/

Travis talks about a possible EP coming after the album and texting funny things with tom a few times a week.

Travis: "I've seen a couple things on YouTube where fans have actually put it all together, like clips of me playing drums, clips of Matt Skiba singing, Mark playing bass, it's really cool."

Thx travis O0

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I like how Travis basically slaps all the childish haters on this board in the face with this interview. See that, you medieval witch hunters? You can hate someone for being an asshole, even attack him in interviews and then you can get over it. That's what normal people do.

He even says that for Tom this is like a break from blink. Now I can actually enjoy this new album.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blink_punk said:

I like how Travis basically slaps all the childish haters on this board in the face with this interview. See that, you medieval witch hunters? You can hate someone for being an asshole, even attack him in interviews and then you can get over it. That's what normal people do.

He even says that for Tom this is like a break from blink. Now I can actually enjoy this new album.

Glad Trav cleared that up. I thought that Tom would be biting off more than he could chew if he was lying about speaking with Trav so frequently. But, like most people here, I'm not really interested in Tom returning to Blink. Maybe, as some have mentioned, coming back to do a 20 year Enema tour, but not as a proper full-time member again. Unless he can some how convince the fans, that he's actually genuinely into the band again and prove it in live shows and interviews and whatnot. Either way though, I'm giddy like a school girl waiting for California to drop. In fact, I've just put in a holiday request at work for July 1st so that me and my mate can hit up HMV, buy the record and then drive round our city with the windows down and stereo up :) really hope the weather is proper summery by then lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrimCityGirl said:

If they let Tom back in, I'm done with them.

I think it all depends on how he comes back. If he does indeed come back. I wonder if he might feel a sense of relief when the album drops and everyone kind of lets him concentrate on his space shit without bringing up blink every other question

Of course he will try to get back in when he is out of money. His aliens projects should be quite expensive. It's a pity that he is using blink as cash cow not giving a fuck about the fans. He will tell anything that the Bots want to hear or want to believe in.

It will be a smart move from the band to keep him paying as fourth ghost member but not to involve him in anything else.

• Like 1

This quote frome the Rolling Stone interview catched my attention:

Barker adds, "but I never try to force that stuff into this project because I understand the difference between what I do by myself and what I do in Blink."

Ouch, maybe a subtle low blow to tom?

• Like 1

mark, travis and matt set the new standard. they basically formed a new band, worked hard to make it able to do shows or record an album, then they recorded an album in a couple of months. the first song premier was succesfull, they have good press and fan reactions, they communicate as it's expected, etc. it's obvious that they all have blink at the number 1 spot of their priority lists, and they give it 100%. you can't half-ass a project which reaches millions of listeners. even if you have other projects in the works you put them aside, because it is your main job.

these are things that cannot be ignored by tom. even if he "has the right" to be in the band, mark and travis (and matt) can dictate the rules, so they won't let him in unless he changes his work ethic. i'd have no problem with a normal tom in blink again. but with his current behavior he must stay out.

so tom, if you want to be part of your old band, learn to play the guitar, get singing lessons, learn your old songs (your transliterations after the reunion were terrible and boring), hit the gym every day (so you can move on stage), and forget u2 for fuck's sake! and if blink isn't enough for you as a creative output, you can do all other creativeness in your freetime.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

mark, travis and matt set the new standard. they basically formed a new band, worked hard to make it able to do shows or record an album, then they recorded an album in a couple of months. the first song premier was succesfull, they have good press and fan reactions, they communicate as it's expected, etc. it's obvious that they all have blink at the number 1 spot of their priority lists, and they give it 100%. you can't half-ass a project which reaches millions of listeners. even if you have other projects in the works you put them aside, because it is your main job.

these are things that cannot be ignored by tom. even if he "has the right" to be in the band, mark and travis (and matt) can dictate the rules, so they won't let him in unless he changes his work ethic. i'd have no problem with a normal tom in blink again. but with his current behavior he must stay out.

so tom, if you want to be part of your old band, learn to play the guitar, get singing lessons, learn your old songs (your transliterations after the reunion were terrible and boring), hit the gym every day (so you can move on stage), and forget u2 for fuck's sake! and if blink isn't enough for you as a creative output, you can do all other creativeness in your freetime.

Nope. Definitely not a new band. Sure, new singer/guitarist, but far from being a new band. Do you honestly think that if they were a new band or even under a different name (say, +44?) that this amount of hype would've been generated? Sure, because of who they are/were they would've got a decent amount of hype, but I highly doubt they would've had this kind of impact.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Travis: "I've seen a couple things on YouTube where fans have actually put it all together, like clips of me playing drums, clips of Matt Skiba singing, Mark playing bass, it's really cool."

Thx travis O0

You always get me with this clip, hahahaha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Nope. Definitely not a new band. Sure, new singer/guitarist, but far from being a new band. Do you honestly think that if they were a new band or even under a different name (say, +44?) that this amount of hype would've been generated? Sure, because of who they are/were they would've got a decent amount of hype, but I highly doubt they would've had this kind of impact.

ok, i reword it: they got a new member and learned to work together as a band. (i didn't mean it as they built a new brand from scratch - just wanted to highlight the work behind creating something out of nothing. turning a dysfunctional band into a functional band.)

9 hours ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

That would be awesome if blink heard Cheerios' "driving 3am with the searchlights shining down!!!" compilation and decided to remove that line from the album.

I'm disappointed they didn't watch the videos and then add that line to every song.

• Like 2