Brand New - I Am A Nightmare

48 minutes ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

Daisy gets a bad wrap. I've only listened to this new song once, so too early to say, but I think I prefer Mene.

It's very divisive. some people see it as innovative, experimental, different. Others (including myself) find it springing between unbearable cacophony and mind numbingly dull. I think the only track I could ever stomach from Gasoline and even then not by much. 

This song has been in my head all of yesterday, I freakin' love it. way more than Bored To Death when it came out, tbh. 

On 5/18/2016 at 0:36 PM, ungroovy said:

The hype is all pointing toward a new album but this possible album being their last.

i think that album is still far away. looks like they're just planning on touring on this 12" single

http://store.procrastinatemusictraitors.com/products/57395-i-am-a-nightmare-12-vinyl-digital-download

I prefer Mene over this song but this song is also very good and I'm happy to say Im glad they are heading in the right direction, but seriously a 12" for one song? Jesus, this just shows anybody will eat this band up. 

Also, my dream tour has always been Brand New/Blink to tour together.

*hides the email confirmation of my vinyl purchase of this single*

Oop.

On 5/19/2016 at 7:57 PM, Kevin. said:

i think that album is still far away. looks like they're just planning on touring on this 12" single

http://store.procrastinatemusictraitors.com/products/57395-i-am-a-nightmare-12-vinyl-digital-download

that's booty, son.

Deja is one of the best albums of all time from my perspective. it's a freakin' masterpiece. It managed to be poignant, hard but accessible whilst also not being too self indulgent, that balance seems somewhat impossible for the majority of rock bands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iKenoclast said:

I need to be living where they play music like this on the radio. All we get are those Bastille/21 Pilots/Arctic Monkeys esque bands on our alt. stations.

Same. Also, 30 Seconds to Mars and the song "In Bloom" at least twice a day.

Hmmm, I just realized this new Brand New song is actually a post-Catch Fire Trio song. And I don't meant that negatively, it is a pop-punk, mid-tempo song with that mix of gloss and grime that is partial to the former that I associate with the newer Trio stuff. Weird coming from BN especially after Daisy, but it's a pretty decent track. I like Mene more.

• Like 1