London Acoustic Shows

Capsov

1 minute ago, Chrisx37 said:

I'm having a tough time staying on top of all this. Which acoustic shows can we actually listen to live?

I think only the ones tomorrow. One will be video and one will be only audio. But don't quote me on that.

It would be really cool if while during one of these concerts in London, at the exact same time in California, Travis released Rabbit Hole; so that at the same time 2 different but incredibly awesome blink things were happening across the world.  Seems like it could happen too.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

It would be really cool if while during one of these concerts in London, at the exact same time in California, Travis released Rabbit Hole; so that at the same time 2 different but incredibly awesome blink things were happening across the world.  Seems like it could happen too.

good thought! that could be why they put Travis in charge of releasing it. makes total sense

not simultaneously or whatever, but just so he is included in all the action this week

39 minutes ago, Ghent said:

good thought! that could be why they put Travis in charge of releasing it. makes total sense

not simultaneously or whatever, but just so he is included in all the action this week

I thought that at first, but then I just thought why not release it on radio 1 alongside their performance. That would seem the most logical way for them to release it. I don't know why they're making Travis have to be involved

I think they're on Radio 1 tomorrow at 10am UK time. Radio 1 is god awful and makes me angrier than those Tombots going through the anger stage, it's the only thing they play at work...

Apparently they're doing Bored to Death and two classic hits according to what was said earlier on air. I think the Live Lounge performances are streamed as well through the BBC website with video footage as well as audio. I think All Time Low are doing loads of stuff as well, hopefully they'll all circle jerk to Feldmann on air.

• Like 2

Tonight there are 2 separate acoustic shows, at 7pm and 9pm UK time - so midnight and 2am Eastern respectively.  Neither will be broadcast live anywhere as far as I know. Got my tickets for both...

Then tomorrow at 10am UK (3pm Eastern) Blink is appearing on Radio 1 and that should be broadcast live.
Then again tomorrow night at some point between 7pm-10pm (midnight-3am Eastern), Blink should be on Radio 1 again (small part of me things this might just be a rerun of the recording earlier in the day though, seems strange that they would do 2 separate recordings for Radio 1 on the same day)
Then finally they are doing another radio spot at Radio X on Thursday, at 12.30pm UK (5.30pm Eastern) - this will again be broadcast live

1f5e96c219a74c6682b22a4a3a69d414.png

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I thought that at first, but then I just thought why not release it on radio 1 alongside their performance. That would seem the most logical way for them to release it. I don't know why they're making Travis have to be involved

Well then you're not sharing my thought, because I'm talking at the exact same time, not one right after the other.  Like maybe Travis goes to KROQ and premiers the song while at that same time Mark and Matt are in the middle of an acoustic performance of Stay Together for the Kids or whatever (just picking a random song that I'd love to hear acoustic).  Mark and Matt can't both be performing and premiering the new song, unless they do an acoustic performance of the song in question, but I'd rather hear the studio recording first.

43 minutes ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

Tonight there are 2 separate acoustic shows, at 7pm and 9pm UK time - so midnight and 2am Eastern respectively.  Neither will be broadcast live anywhere as far as I know. Got my tickets for both...

Then tomorrow at 10am UK (3pm Eastern) Blink is appearing on Radio 1 and that should be broadcast live.
Then again tomorrow night at some point between 7pm-10pm (midnight-3am Eastern), Blink should be on Radio 1 again (small part of me things this might just be a rerun of the recording earlier in the day though, seems strange that they would do 2 separate recordings for Radio 1 on the same day)
Then finally they are doing another radio spot at Radio X on Thursday, at 12.30pm UK (5.30pm Eastern) - this will again be broadcast live

You've got your timezone math messed up.  7pm UK time is 2pm EST, while 9pm UK time is 4pm EST.  10am UK is 5am EST. 7pm-10pm UK is 2pm-5pm EST.  And finally, 12.30pm UK is 7:30pm EST.  Probably not too important to you, but I don't want anyone from the US getting messed up and tuning in way too late for something.

Edit: only just saw that Chrisx37 made this correction, still I'll keep it posts here in case anyone skipped his post.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Well then you're not sharing my thought, because I'm talking at the exact same time, not one right after the other.  Like maybe Travis goes to KROQ and premiers the song while at that same time Mark and Matt are in the middle of an acoustic performance of Stay Together for the Kids or whatever (just picking a random song that I'd love to hear acoustic).  Mark and Matt can't both be performing and premiering the new song, unless they do an acoustic performance of the song in question, but I'd rather hear the studio recording first.

So take away from and divide the audience of the promotional acoustic shows Matt and Mark flew to England to do on the radio by releasing a new song on a competing radio station at the same time?

2 minutes ago, NotNow said:

So take away from and divide the audience of the promotional acoustic shows Matt and Mark flew to England to do on the radio by releasing a new song?

Pretending I can understand this confusing sentence.  I'm just saying it would be cool if two awesome blink things happened at the same time at 2 different places on the planet: Mark and Matt are in the middle of an acoustic performance while at that exact same time Travis is on some radio station premiering the new song.  Just think it would be cool is all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NotNow said:

So take away from and divide the audience of the promotional acoustic shows Matt and Mark flew to England to do on the radio by releasing a new song on a competing radio station at the same time?

Not sure How Radio 1 in the UK and KROQ in the US are competing against each other. 

• Like 1