Blink-182 Rabbit Hole out now!

Chewy030

1 minute ago, horchata said:

Hearing Travis talk about Tom was real cool. Travis said they had lunch a couple weeks ago, and Tom was cracking jokes, and texting him "you're handsome" from across the table. Seems like the two of them are getting to be friends again.

was wondering if anyone stuck around for the travis interview. I couldn't bare that music any longer. 

1 minute ago, One Eight Two said:

Lol at Tom texting Travis across the table saying "you're handsome." I think it's evident that the relationship between Tom and Mark was the problem...?

I honestly think Mark and Tom could very well become friends again too, just not working partners. Thats where the problems start, I think. Best possible outcome, they're all friends again but Tom respectfully decides "hey I should just let them keep it going and I'll do my own thing without being a stick in the mud and saying I'm still in blink"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, petros said:

So this album is gonna be like all fun and catchy hooks? Not a fan. Loved +44 enjoyed blink's release after the reunion I expected a darker sound :(

Don't know where you've been man, they've made it very clear that this album is going to be something more along the lines of TOYPAJ but with more mature themes(overall).  And I understand why, Matt just joined the band, it would have been insane for them to go chasing the Untitled album from the get-go with him.  They gotta start simple then work their way up to that kind of album, I do think they'll try something like that again in time, but right now, we're going to be getting fun, summer sounding blink songs it would seem, and I'm A-Ok with that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Think about it this way though - They wrote darker sounding music when they were in darker places personally. That was never the norm for Blink 182. Sure they had some heavy themes and sadder/darker songs all along, but they only veered toward wroteing darker music because 1. They felt disrespected and wanted to expand their sound in Untitled, 2. They hated each other, 3. Tom was embarrassed of Blink 182.

Now none of those are the case, and they want to play music that's fun and energetic because that's the headspace they're in.

I understand I'm just personally not a fan of them playing that music anymore. I enjoy the past records don't know if I'll like this kind of music from them now.

2 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

Travis said the potential EP/album should be "really really soon" after this album

This hypothetical follow-up keeps getting slight upgrades.  Now it could be a full album and not just an EP, pretty cool. 

• Like 1

Definitely think the relationship between Tom and Mark was the issue. Mark still hasn't come out and said anything positive about Tom recently. Though I agree, they could probably be friends again. Surely when Tom is broke, he'll come crying back to them.

1 minute ago, horchata said:

he was talking about some other project?

Oh, was he? I heard him talk a bit about the leftover songs and then tuned out for a few seconds. Still wouldn't be a stretch to expect new music around Christmas-time.

1 minute ago, Chrisx37 said:

Oh, was he? I heard him talk a bit about the leftover songs and then tuned out for a few seconds. Still wouldn't be a stretch to expect new music around Christmas-time.

I think it was some hip hop thing he was referring to.