Blink-182 Rabbit Hole out now!

Chewy030

Ive always loved Adams Song. It just sounds so fucking big and full to me. The melody is amazing and that chorus just hits so hard. If you listen to it instrumental, that last chorus is amazing with the drums. Just watch the end of the first mtv diary they did and youll see what i mean

1 hour ago, Olidamus said:

Davey's opinion is kind of worthless, he pretty much hates everything after Dude Ranch because he thinks Blink sold out and all that. So a lot of that is personal given he had such an early connection with them. Reading between the lines, To him If it ain't Scott Raynor quick drumming in some small club, it ain't Blink.

The whole idea of selling out is so stupid, and yet on some level I kind of get it.  For example, a singer like Nate Reuss I was singing praises of for years while he was in The Format and with the first Fun. album, yet they still remained small.  Then We Are Young came out and they exploded, and in a weird way, I get this feeling of, "I knew them before they were big, you're all just posers!"  But then I quickly realize how ridiculous that is, and I should just be happy that they're finally getting recognition and breaking out as likely was what they were aiming for from the start anyway (plus, often their music when they break out "sell out" is still great music).  I mean I have to imagine few bands enter the music scene thinking, "Hey, lets only reach a very small amount of people, and never try to get any bigger let's continue to live day to day unsure if we'll make enough money to pay the bills, plus why would we ever want to hear our music on the radio or people singing them on the streets, that's not something we should strive for."  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

God Damn, the people who dislike Adam's song just blow my mind. That song was like the tipping point for getting into Blink. WMAA and ATST were of course amazing, but that song was proof that Blink could take their unique concept and translate it into a ballad. The drums on that song are ground breaking in style, the lyrics are amazing, the song structure, just everything, I think it was a ground breaking piece of music.

Are you people smoking crack or something? :wink:

Not to cherry pick your statement, but I don't think ATST was that good......at all.  I think it was the amazing music video that launched that song, but as it stands by itself...there isn't much there lyrically...or even musically.  I honestly believe it is one of their worst songs, and why some people don't respect the band.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Davey's opinion is kind of worthless, he pretty much hates everything after Dude Ranch because he thinks Blink sold out and all that. So a lot of that is personal given he had such an early connection with them. Reading between the lines, To him If it ain't Scott Raynor quick drumming in some small club, it ain't Blink.

i don't think it's worthless at all, i think it's a fresh perspective to have around here. i don't think he thinks they sold out after dude ranch either, he's been open about liking neighborhoods and he saw the band with skiba last year. sure, his narrow love of all pre-EOTS work can kinda get a little annoying to some, but it seems harmless to me. he knows his shit

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don't think it's worthless at all, i think it's a fresh perspective to have around here. i don't think he thinks they sold out after dude ranch either, he's been open about liking neighborhoods and he saw the band with skiba last year. sure, his narrow love of all pre-EOTS work can kinda get a little annoying to some, but it seems harmless to me. he knows his shit

Davey has a different perspective than most people on here. He used to have a weird elitism that was probably worth criticizing, but that seems to have gone away mostly and it's interesting to hear a different viewpoint on things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

I mean none of them are really worth listening to tbh

lol yup. i think the longest line cover stands out to me the most. and the fact that degenerate was one of the very first songs they ever made, and it was still carried over to dude ranch four years later. otherwise demos are pretty shit, only good for historical purposes lol