Blink-182 Rabbit Hole out now!

Chewy030

no one is asking for alkaline-182. I like trio just the way they are and I want that sound to remain with that band. but as I already mentioned, skiba has done several other projects outside of trio that are fresh but still have that familiarity of who is writing the music.

we haven't heard that yet with these songs. we've heard Feldman. it's not the worst thing ever by any means. id rather have a Feldman influence than an AVA one. but I'm saying we need a little bit of something from Matt to make his presence more than a backup singer

• Like 2

It would be unwise to release a Matt heavy song before the album though. 

Everyone would just say it isn't blink and it would be weird. You guys are weird enough as it is, bashing every little thing.

Will be better to give him his moments more cohesively as part of the album.

• Like 6

I love Matt's contributions to blink so far, both in live performances and in the studio recordings we've heard. I'm also very very glad the music has NOT sounded like Alkaline Trio. I never wanted an Alkaline influence and I'm glad there hasn't really been one so far.

• Like 1

can someone link a Goldfinger song that sounds like this? Not denying it. Only Goldfinger song I've ever heard is that Tony Hawk song. I thought they were a ska band. Surprised to hear this sounds like them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

can someone link a Goldfinger song that sounds like this? Not denying it. Only Goldfinger song I've ever heard is that Tony Hawk song. I thought they were a ska band. Surprised to hear this sounds like them. 

They went in a skate/pop punk direction around the early 00's, I'm sure there's a better song example that I'm not thinking of but pretty much the general sound of their Open Your Eyes album

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

they dont necessarily sound the same, but its not a far stretch.  I already know youll say they sound nothing alike though.  They just have that vibe.  Imagine Feldmans voice from these songs on Rabbit Hole.  Just very basic

Perhaps just because of key and tempo, but I can't get The Black Parade out of my head when I hear the chrous. 

Ultimately, I think that's the problem. I like the song, and I like BTD too, but they just sound like so many other bands/songs. Even in their most by the numbers album (which IMO was TOYPAJ), they still had a sound and style that was uniquely their own. I think Feldman's influence and/or Tom's absence has just kind of stripped that identity, and the resulting songs just sound more generic than what I'm used to from blink. There are still absolutely moments of brilliance (the bridge of BTD is about the most blink-sounding thing I have heard in 10+ years, and it's fucking amazing), but the overall product just seems to me like music that would be lost in the crowd of pop-punk if blink weren't already a huge band.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, I mean I hear general similarities in Spokesman. Its negligible though.

and I consider this a good thing

Agreed I mean I hear some similarities but not I guess as much as a some think.. Out of all those videos the only thing it made me think is I should probably start listening to goldfinger again and bring on the feldy influence. Untitled was great and neighborhoods had its finer spots but I'm totally game with a a fresh not so dark blink album.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, I mean I hear general similarities man. Its negligible though. 

and I consider this a good thing

I fuckin loved Spokesman back in the day.  I am completely open to Goldfinger Influences on the album, they had some solid songs.

• Like 1

3rd and a half listen: its growing on me. I'm actually enjoying it. It took me a couple of listens to feel the same about BTD. It could be worse, it could be a helluva lot worse. It's a good song, definitely a grower but I feel this album has potential. It doesn't feel like a Blink album but that's not because of a lack of Tom. He won't be missed. It feels like something else and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Blink had become tired and old, I didn't want that. This has energy, this has potential and, more importantly, this has workmanship. Sure, Tom wrote the majority of Untitle, Neighborhoods and DED but it all had a phoned in, stale feeling for me. This feels fresh. Almost like they let the songs be what they are and didn't try to force them to be something they aren't. This sounds like a band who just enjoyed the process and didn't push themselves to try and write the next great album but rather just a great album.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, t3hzm4n said:

Ultimately, I think that's the problem. I like the song, and I like BTD too, but they just sound like so many other bands/songs. Even in their most by the numbers album (which IMO was TOYPAJ), they still had a sound and style that was uniquely their own. I think Feldman's influence and/or Tom's absence has just kind of stripped that identity, and the resulting songs just sound more generic than what I'm used to from blink. There are still absolutely moments of brilliance (the bridge of BTD is about the most blink-sounding thing I have heard in 10+ years, and it's fucking amazing), but the overall product just seems to me like music that would be lost in the crowd of pop-punk if blink weren't already a huge band.

spot-on post. hoping the album is better than everything we've heard so far.

• Like 2