Blink-182 Rabbit Hole out now!

Chewy030

I do agree that Skiba could be more involved, I know he can write more interesting things than this...But I feel like what he has offered is pretty good, like the outro to this song is easily my favorite part of it for example.

And yes, I would like them to be a bit more "Alkaliny" Clarke. I think all that would mean is them being a tad less glossy sounding, maybe a bit more heart on their sleeve as well. But hey, I think this song is just supposed to be a fun, positive pop-punk song and I still think it does a great job of doing that. Whereas with Bored to Death I'm not really sure what it was trying to do with those Untitled-esque verses and that overly simplistic chorus.

3 hours ago, vivalasativa said:

i'll probably sound like an idiot for saying this, but i think at times it sounds like happy +44 (though the lyrics aren't happy). Especially in the beginning, where Mark sings "you are a haunted house"

haha, yes! i definitely had the same thoughts yesterday, exactly about this moment in this song, it's pretty clear +44 tick for me 

I like it. It's simple, it's fun.

The vocal harmonies in the Chorus stand out to me. Also the "it's you, it's you..." part and Travis' drumming in the Bridge.

However, having heard BtD & Rabbit Hole I can say that I miss some Riffs - it's pretty much just chords (except for the verse in BtD). But of course those are only two Songs from a full Album. So we will see.

• Like 1

Loving this song. Really hoping the album is mostly in this kind of vein, I really need a good, fun, summer album this year. Slightly disagree with the majority of the board though, I actually prefer Marks vocals on this, when Matt comes in it's almost like he's singing into a tin can or something for a second or two. And don't get me wrong, i fucking LOVE Matt, I've been spinning both the Sekrets records pretty much non-stop recently and am and old skool (Goddamnit) Trio fan. 

Most of all, I'm just glad that the band is functioning again, banging out new and exciting performances (Live Lounge, Acoustic Night, X Games etc) and generally promoting the shit out of this album, it's totally night and day compared to how Nieghbourhoods was treated. Still really enjoy Neighbourhoods, it's a great night time driving album for me. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ghent said:

can someone link a Goldfinger song that sounds like this? Not denying it. Only Goldfinger song I've ever heard is that Tony Hawk song. I thought they were a ska band. Surprised to hear this sounds like them. 

I was thinking of this one. I don't think rabbit hole is a rip off of any specific song, but I could see it on the same album as this song (which is a good song, btw)

If people think this is gonna be the best blink album ever, of course they're gonna be disappointed. As long as it's better than the absolute crap Tom released over the last years, I'll be happy. Having said that, I do think that the new songs will never top blink's golden years. Doesn't mean that I won't enjoy what they're putting out though.

26 minutes ago, Dan2point5 said:

Just listened to it again whilst walking to the shops in the sun and it sounded fuckin awesome! Proper summer tune. This album is gonna be perfect. 

Thiiiis guy knows whats up! Good to see you back Dan (i know youve been back a few weeks now but shhh)

• Like 1

It's really catchy. Not a great song by any means but decent enough. The music we've heard so far though, specifically the guitars, is just too generic for my taste. Like I love that it is fast and melodic, but the guitar is sooo boring. No riffs to even speak of as yet. Really hoping it isn't just nonstop power chords. 

Guess that was the good thing about Tom. He had/has a massive tendency to repeat himself yet every once in a while he would come up with a great riff. 

Damn you guys can really nitpick the shit out of a song. At the end of the day all blink songs are basic and generic but we love them because they became classics, i think alot of that had to do with the band itselfs appeal. Everything is so new and in uncharted territory yoy naturally are skeptical because its not the same. Well it wont ever be the same as it was, even if tom was still in and not crazy they're different people than they were in 99-04 and your not going to get the same music. Like said above just enjoy your getting something decent out of a band alot of us thought would never produce anything good, or at all again

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, jd9973l said:

Damn you guys can really nitpick the shit out of a song. At the end of the day all blink songs are basic and generic but we love them because they became classics, i think alot of that had to do with the band itselfs appeal. Everything is so new and in uncharted territory yoy naturally are skeptical because its not the same. Well it wont ever be the same as it was, even if tom was still in and not crazy they're different people than they were in 99-04 and your not going to get the same music. Like said above just enjoy your getting something decent out of a band alot of us thought would never produce anything good, or at all again

It is ridiculous to criticize huge fans of a band for analyzing something closely and coming to an honest opinion on it, or "nitpicking" as you call it. Also all blink songs are "generic"? OK dude.

2 hours ago, blink--182 said:

I like it. It's simple, it's fun.

The vocal harmonies in the Chorus stand out to me. Also the "it's you, it's you..." part and Travis' drumming in the Bridge.

However, having heard BtD & Rabbit Hole I can say that I miss some Riffs - it's pretty much just chords (except for the verse in BtD). But of course those are only two Songs from a full Album. So we will see.

It's 'with you, with you', Tombot.