Say something positive about Tom

elgu

I'm new to this forum and i see tom gets a lot of hate and with good reason. That said this thread is about saying something positive about him.

I'll start by saying that he pushed the band in new directions. The self titled, Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs widened the type of music that Blink played and felt very different from each other. Mark to his credit was very good at adapting to those styles and creating some good songs like: Stockholm, Fighting the Gravity, and Dogs Eating Dogs. That said Tom got too controlling and barely let Mark participate in those last three entries. It got out of hand and he had to go. That said I will miss Tom pushing the limits of what Blink could do.

• Like 2

Just now, elgu said:

I'm new to this forum and i see tom gets a lot of hate and with good reason. That said this thread is about saying something positive about him.

I'll start by saying that he pushed the band in new directions. The self titled, Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs widened the type of music that Blink played and felt very different from each other. Mark to his credit was very good at adapting to those styles and creating some good songs like: Stockholm, Fighting the Gravity, and Dogs Eating Dogs. That said Tom got too controlling and barely let Mark participate in those last three entries. It got out of hand and he had to go. That said I will miss Tom pushing the limits of what Blink could do.

problem is, he didn’t really do that after Untitled.

• Like 1

Tom is amazing at alienating fans, he's fantastic at announcing announcements and above all he is the best at screwing over life long friends for his own benefit and financial growth. 

• Like 6

- He had a unique voice that still gets mocked to this day ("you shall not sing a blink 182 song without doing a bad Tom Delonge impression")
- He was a very handsome man in his prime (particularly around 2000 when he grew his hair long but before all-black wearing TOYPAJ mode, full homo)
- His teeth were SO white in 2003, how did they get so WHITE?????

Edit: Pic of Tom when he was best girl ❤ 
003MAR_Blink_182_002.jpg

He was right all along about aliens, which of course forced the aliens to "take him out" and abduct him in early 2005. I have to say, their makeshift replacement of Tom has done about as well as an alien lookalike could possibly do while trying to maintain the career of a famous human musician. But he's been deteriorating at a rapid pace, much more rapid than Human Tom would have. I have to assume that the aliens will be returning Human Tom back to Earth soon, because their lookalike/replacement has really fucked things up and people are starting to notice. I just hope that when Human Tom returns, we all welcome him back with open arms.

• Like 7

i think tom was a middling guitarist who got famous because he wrote great pop songs disguised as punk rock. he was a fine lyricist and pushed the band into new directions, beginning (and ending) with untitled. he was a hilarious guy. i think he was a great companion to mark, and it's obvious that there was a deep-seated *platonic* love between them. i think the band was entirely their dynamic, no matter who their drummer was. this doesn't mean i'm not excited for california (though i have my doubts) nor does it mean i don't think it was the right decision for him to go... it was. at this moment in time, he needs nothing to do with blink-182... he's been a disgrace to it for far too long. it's a shame fame got to him and he had some sort of drug-induced nervous breakdown.

even said, while i find his music with AVA for the most part to be aimless and boring, you can't blame the guy for dreaming with his transmedia projects/ideas/announcements (lol). i thought poet, the short film, had crazy-good animation (no thanks to him, of course), and i liked WDNTW and the dream walker album.

• Like 2

Tom is my favorite musician of all time. Blink would have never gotten to where it was without him. 
Self Titled and Box Car racer along with almost everything he has done are some of my favorite records of all time. Its good for him and blink to be separated right now but I hope someday in the future they will play music together again.

• Like 2

He's the reason I went from liking respectable talented bands to liking pop-punk.

He's the reason I dedicated myself to learning how to play guitar. (I was mainly a drummer at the time)

He's the reason I learned how to play TOYPAJ on the guitar on an 8 hour ride from metro Detroit to southern Illinois.

He's the reason why I have a fucked up immature sense of humor.

He's the reason that Hoobastank wrote the song "The Reason"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1