Unpopular Blink 182 opinions

elgu

i've always hated anthem part two lyrically. fucking dumb lyrics. "kids can't vote adults elect them". seemed like tom overreaching to try and make some sort of *comment* on the *state* of things and it just comes across looking extremely dumb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

i've always hated anthem part two lyrically. fucking dumb lyrics. "kids can't vote adults elect them". seemed like tom overreaching to try and make some sort of *comment* on the *state* of things and it just comes across looking extremely dumb

I thought the lyrics were "kids can vote, a dogs elected" for years.

Think I'd actually prefer those lyrics too...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, thongrider said:

Top three TOYPAJ without the bonus tracks(I think all the non-joke bonus tracks are better than most songs on the album)

1 Story of a Lonely Guy 2 Roller Coaster 3 Stay Together for the Kids

Dude! Online songs?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, platypus409 said:

I'm seeing too many "popular" opinions so here we go: Kings Of The Weekend and Teenage Satellites are my two favorite tracks off California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I hope to Get teenage satellites isn't a popular opinion as a favorite California track so there's that..

Stay together for the kids is definitely my favorite song from blink, along with Violence. Why? it's angsty, it's intense, the difference between mark and tom's voices is amazing (I have always thought this is a song where you can clearly see how different their voices are and how good the fit together) and I love how the guitar sounds tbh. This song talks about divorce, and the fact is my parents got divorce the same year TOYPAJ came out, so when I listened to STFTK (and check the lyrics and translated them, cause at that time my english wasn't good enough haha) I felt less alone and less...helpless. i know it sounds cheessy but hey, I was 12 years old.

So yeah, this song doesn't receive a lot of love around here but I love it so SO much :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shutup89 said:

Stay together for the kids is definitely my favorite song from blink, along with Violence. Why? it's angsty, it's intense, the difference between mark and tom's voices is amazing (I have always thought this is a song where you can clearly see how different their voices are and how good the fit together) and I love how the guitar sounds tbh. This song talks about divorce, and the fact is my parents got divorce the same year TOYPAJ came out, so when I listened to STFTK (and check the lyrics and translated them, cause at that time my english wasn't good enough haha) I felt less alone and less...helpless. i know it sounds cheessy but hey, I was 12 years old.

So yeah, this song doesn't receive a lot of love around here but I love it so SO much :rolleyes:

I love it too. The bridge is one of the most beautiful instrumental bridges. Mark's bass tone is incredible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like majority of Matt Skiba's vocals on California. I actually dislike it  at times, mostly just tolerate it and take from it as above average filler for each song...I actually thought Mark & Travis carried this to a very fun album level, but many think Skiba is to thank, I rarely had interest in any his parts surprisingly. Not even obsessed with his Cynical part like others, yeah I know.

(I still like Skiba, and think he can contribute wonderful moments when more comfortable, I enjoy his live performance improvement and his easy going persona on a very difficult task.)

I loved his bridge on No Future the best, wish he kept that style throughout. Also really liked his parts in Bored To Death, TOTTM, Los Angeles. The rest was all just a bit, not Skiba and not great to my ears.. Couldn't stand his vocals on soohm, or parts of Sober, Hisalp