Unpopular Blink 182 opinions

elgu

13 hours ago, 4.40 said:

I believe Mark played guitar on those songs. The guitar tone screams +44.

Yup, I always wish we could've gotten a proper guitar riff on Kaleidoscope instead of that super weak little chord progression thing. MH has plenty of room for a riff too COME ON TOM!! Haha

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Here's mine: you've heard of "MH is one of my favorite Neighborhood tracks", now get ready for "This Is Home is one of my favorites too!"

This Is Home and MH are two of my favorite choruses on the whole album since I first heard them (even with the "i-i-i-i yo-o-o-ohs" and everything!), was fun seeing those 2 being grouped together as 2 of the worst by a lot of people. The rest of the songs (apart from TIH's bridge) I find to be kind of plain, but I'll still always jam out to those choruses.

I love This Is Home too! The verse lyrics are laughable but I think the chorus is actually a really cool kinda new-wave style they pulled off pretty well.

On 12/8/2016 at 7:23 AM, ...Dan... said:

I like it too but the chorus is my favourite part, I think it's the sort of song that would benefit from a bit of polish...dare I say a sprinkle of Feldman...? 

With the Feldmann polish you get a song called rabbit hole. Rabbit hole is mh48711182's younger, hotter sister ?.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I love This Is Home too! The verse lyrics are laughable but I think the chorus is actually a really cool kinda new-wave style they pulled off pretty well.

Songs like Always, Pretty Little Girl (maybe Ghost on the Dancefloor a little bit?) and This is Home really makes me think how they nice they would have sounded had they kept  going after DED and pursued that new wave influence a bit more. I remember after hearing some of Matt's solo stuff like Voices before Bored To Death dropped, I was really excited about the possibility of that happening. But oh well. Still dig California all the same.

• Like 3

Just now, Shaun said:

Songs like Always, Pretty Little Girl (maybe Ghost on the Dancefloor a little bit?) and This is Home really makes me think how they nice they would have sounded had they kept  going after DED and pursued that new wave influence a bit more. I remember after hearing some of Matt's solo stuff like Voices before Bored To Death dropped, I was really excited about the possibility of that happening. But oh well. Still dig California all the same.

That would've been a great direction and a cool way to combine all of their pop/punk/Cure/indie/"dark" influences together and still sound like Blink.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

That would've been a great direction and a cool way to combine all of their pop/punk/Cure/indie/"dark" influences together and still sound like Blink.

For sure. this one little tiny clip of synths gives me a shred of hope they'll at least have one song in that vein on the Deluxe hehe

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgVyOxho0r/?taken-by=blink182&hl=en

I think I'm the only person who likes the Hey I'm Sorry chorus.  Especially the finale.  Favorite Cali era song.  So little Skibba...It's glorious..

I don't get the hate for it, it's not generic at all. Personally haven't heard anything like that, lyrically or the melody. Felt like Mark was really trying to write on this one, and it was where he was planning Blink to go, and I see why he was probably insecure about it, it was different and mature for blink, but it was significantly better than Cali crap so it's a shame 

On 3/30/2017 at 10:11 PM, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

I think I'm the only person who likes the Hey I'm Sorry chorus.  Especially the finale.  Favorite Cali era song.  So little Skibba...It's glorious..

I don't get the hate for it, it's not generic at all. Personally haven't heard anything like that, lyrically or the melody. Felt like Mark was really trying to write on this one, and it was where he was planning Blink to go, and I see why he was probably insecure about it, it was different and mature for blink, but it was significantly better than Cali crap so it's a shame 

I like the whole song! Easily one of my favorite post-Tom blink songs!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 0:11 AM, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

You really don't like that Skiba guy, do you?

• 1 year later...