PS4 internet connection help!!1

Lauren

So, I can't seem to connect to the wi-fi. Ps4 gets the Wi-Fi signal but fails to obtain an IP address. Then it says "signal to weak or unable to recognize SSID". But everywhere the signal has full bars, my phone and computer. I've tried to google everything and done all kinds of tricks for example DNS server codes. NOTHING works. I have successfully been online on the ps4 before. but haven't in a while and suddenly stopped working. Any ideas?

41 minutes ago, brettyboy said:

Can everything else connect to your WiFi? Phones, iPads, etc? If so have you messed with your router settings recently? Mode for instance? Mixed? B/G/N?

Yea everything works fine. I know absolutely nothing about routers. How can i mess with the settings??

3 hours ago, Matticus said:
8 hours ago, RAX said:

Yea everything works fine. I know absolutely nothing about routers. How can i mess with the settings??

If I had to guess if everything else works fine either your mode in your router somehow got changed or your WiFi in your ps4 is dead. My ps3 stopped connecting before though my ps4 never has. I logged into my router and the mode in the router had been erroneously changed. I reset it and my ps3 started working fine again ( this advice is coming from a manager in IT) If you don't know how to check your router settings my advice is to Google it. There's all kinds of step by step docs telling you how to check for optimal ps4 settings. 

getting real pissed at this situation. Now I have no idea what so ever what the username or pw for the router is. And the router name and pw thats written on it does not work.

I've been trying for hours to connect to the wi fi but nothing. I think routing a cable is not an option because of where the router is located. so, no online gaming for me? fuck shit fuck.

i was soooo ready to pwn some noobs.

5 minutes ago, Clarke said:

You've got this. 

Call your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and ask them how you can log in.  And also mention to them that you are having trouble with you PS4.  They will definitely be able to log you in, and who knows, maybe other people have had the same issue with their Playstations.

Yeah! I'll def call tomorrow. BF4 is 5 bucks until June 20th on EA online store or something like that.