2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

Excuse me, but I was 15 in 2001 when they first rolled out this fuck sign...saw blink for my first time on that tour...at DTE energy theatre in clarkston,mi..there was a city ordinance against open flames, so we were the only show that didn't get to experience the fuck sign. Although I will be 30 when I see them at the exact same venue this August, my 15 year old self is really hoping that ordinance is gone and that I'll finally get to see the sign in person! 

Holy Hell, that was my first Blink concert too! Had pavilion seating. Unfortunately I don't remember much from the concert except that they sounded great and that Tom had the wrong guitar or was playing Give Me One Good Reason wrong.

Side note: NFG opened for blink but I had no idea who they were at the time. They were in their "live" prime. Wish I could have fully appreciated their set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don't think it isn't just mark that can't handle the vocal load, matt was having problems too in places... lotta high notes, he sounds good, but they've got a massive tour coming. gotta do something

There were a few spots where Matt scaled back because he could not get there vocally.   He seems to know his limits better than mark, as mark will just try to power through it.   

However we are nitpicking they sound better live than they have since 03/04

• Like 3

1 minute ago, platypus409 said:

Holy Hell, that was my first Blink concert too! Had pavilion seating. Unfortunately I don't remember much from the concert except that they sounded great and that Tom had the wrong guitar or was playing Give Me One Good Reason wrong.

Side note: NFG opened for blink but I had no idea who they were at the time. They were in their "live" prime. Wish I could have fully appreciated their set.

Awesome! And yup...chad from new found glory actually came out and played "give me one good reason" with blink. I had lawn seats then..have seen blink 3 more times since then, this will be my 5th time in August. Although i have pit general admission tickets this time :-)

Awesome! And yup...chad from new found glory actually came out and played "give me one good reason" with blink. I had lawn seats then..have seen blink 3 more times since then, this will be my 5th time in August. Although i have pit general admission tickets this time :-)

You must have a good memory. It was such a blur for me. So much adrenaline! Oh and I forgot to mention the concert was on my birthday! Best bday present ever!

Side note: looking at setlistfm it looks like blink played on July 18 and 19 at DTE. No setlist though. Do you by chance have it?

2 minutes ago, platypus409 said:

You must have a good memory. It was such a blur for me. So much adrenaline! Oh and I forgot to mention the concert was on my birthday! Best bday present ever!

Side note: looking at setlistfm it looks like blink played on July 18 and 19 at DTE. No setlist though. Do you by chance have it?

I in fact have a terrible memory but I remember certain points of that night, those were the best days of my life! I remember there were two dates now, can't remember which one I went to. I know the set list is out there though, I remember looking it up somewhere. Side note, I also remember that concert and being excited when they played first date...before it was a single lol 

I in fact have a terrible memory but I remember certain points of that night, those were the best days of my life! I remember there were two dates now, can't remember which one I went to. I know the set list is out there though, I remember looking it up somewhere. Side note, I also remember that concert and being excited when they played first date...before it was a single lol 

I don't care what anyone says but the breakdown in First Date is one of my favorite moments off TOYPAJ. The two guitar riffs and drumming is so badass.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, platypus409 said:

Here is the set list from Chicago on that tour and it seems spot on to my memory...badass set list..m&ms in full..deep cuts from toypaj...when you fucked grandpa...id do anything to go back to that concert man

sorry..here is link http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink182/2001/tweeter-center-chicago-tinley-park-il-63d07ecf.html

• Like 1

Shit. I bought tickets to see blink in Oregon, but I'm actually going to be in Idaho then, so now I'm trying to get tickets to see them in Salt Lake instead and pit tickets are gone. I'm finding some available for like $170 on sites like stubhub. This sucks. I don't want to sit on the fucking lawn.

Edit: $150 is the cheapest I've found. Gotta keep looking!

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Shit. I bought tickets to see blink in Oregon, but I'm actually going to be in Idaho then, so now I'm trying to get tickets to see them in Salt Lake instead and pit tickets are gone. I'm finding some available for like $170 on sites like stubhub. This sucks. I don't want to sit on the fucking lawn.

Edit: $150 is the cheapest I've found. Gotta keep looking!

Damn I might have got ripped. I paid $300 a piece for two pit tickets at dte. Although that was from stub hub right when tix were released. I bought one for myself and am treating my brother to the other ticket. I don't even care tho, YOLO! Lol

• Like 1