2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

That sounds really good, but I am almost certain at this point that the new song that will be in rotation when I go see them will be, Sober. I am telling you that will happen.

I'd laugh so hard if this happens only cause I know how much you hate that song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

You guys notice how Matt sings certain lines, it's like his mouth is too wide open or something. For example, in that SD clip he's like: I can't sleeeeep, because what if I dreaaaaaaam.

He does it in other songs too.

Haha yeah. Like a AAAAA-shout almost

Yeah but they've been heavily doctored. Take the TOTTM clip, for example; you can see how Mark steps back from the microphone before his vocals are finished. It's not playback either because that same song off the same show is available without any of the alterations.

For what I'm seeing on the videos, Matt still does from time to time that thing I hate so much. He didn't do it on the past, then, on a weird period of time, he started to do it, and now he does from time to time, I suspect, when he doubts on striking a high note or when feeling little bit tyred. I'm talking about that kind of loose note hitting. Not hitting it directly on the first voice strike, but dragging it from a lower loosy key.

He uses to do it too when finishint some phrases. He used to do it a lot on the first times he played Rock show.

Other than that, he's like 1000 light years away from DeLonge this days in every aspect of his performance.

29 minutes ago, TlM said:

8 more days.

Still no Rabbit Hole eh?  Oh well not too worried.

I haven't watched that many videos of this tour as compared to previous ones, but I am liking what I see.

I really, really wish they'd done this song instead of The Only Thing That Matters... Like, why would you pick the latter over the former, so much better, and a single.

On 30/7/2016 at 0:58 AM, Olidamus said:

Well that is kind of what I said. You randomly asked him a question and he was like "Hey" as in, long time die hard fan, not much to really care to say to you.

And I know you've said "well it has been a long time since I've known him" and all that stuff. But again, you are a long time die hard fan, and he really doesn't care to open up a conversation with you. Have you heard from him since? Any random messages from Mark? I doubt it. Again, you, long time fan, he doesn't care to catch up with you.

So for the rest of us, we really don't impress him. Nothing does. He is jaded. I guess that is the point I was making.

This is sad, but real.

Meeting fans is part of his job. I guess we can compare it to a doctor? I doubt a doctor can be impressed by anything after 20 years working on the emergency room, for example. They all ara patients, they all can live or die, they have the same treatment by the medical crew. They see literally thousand faces.

The only times I really enjoyed meeting someone (and were not fan-meetings) was when I interviewed Cone and Stevo from Sum 41, Dave king from Flogging Molly and Dave Hause in his solo endeavour. With Cone and Stevo i had a very pleasant down to earth conversation aside from the interview; with Dave King I was sitting with a true gentleman, who was open to talk as much as I wanted, on and off the record (knowing I was a fan of the band too), even about history (don't remember how we ended up talking about it); and Dave Hause is amazing, such a mellow sweet guy which who i would spend an evening in a bar just hanging out and drinking beer.

2 hours ago, ungroovy said:

I really, really wish they'd done this song instead of The Only Thing That Matters... Like, why would you pick the latter over the former, so much better, and a single.

Yeah I hear ya, I enjoy both, but is funny how they said in a recent video that Rabbit Hole would be a song they play live for a long time, and have not played it once. But this is blink we are talking about. I think it would sound sick live.

I am also glad they are playing LA,  that song is slowly becoming my new favorite off California.

6 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

Of the city songs, I also wish they'd played San Diego instead of Los Angeles. San Diego and Rabbit Hole would have been amazing to see live, the crowd was buzzing anyway.

Go a couple of pages back. They added San Diego the other night.