2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

10 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

Of the city songs, I also wish they'd played San Diego instead of Los Angeles. San Diego and Rabbit Hole would have been amazing to see live, the crowd was buzzing anyway.

FWIW, Los Angeles sounds even better live.  But then again, I've liked it since the album came out, so I'm a little biased.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

FWIW, Los Angeles sounds even better live.  But then again, I've liked it since the album came out, so I'm a little biased.

I saw it live! And I still had a good time, especially when the chorus breaks down for the second half, really exciting, but I still would have loved San Diego.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bribrihate said:

Gotta say I'm disappointed in Matt's complete lack of stage presence. Does he not like to joke around and have fun? He said like 2 things all night. Definitely missed the classic banter. Was he more lively at any of the previous shows?

I know right? How dare he put playing the songs right and singing in key ahead of forced banter. It's like he almost cares more about performing music than stand up comedy. Bring back Tom. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Dan2point5 said:

I know right? How dare he put playing the songs right and singing in key ahead of forced banter. It's like he almost cares more about performing music than stand up comedy. Bring back Tom. 

Oh, get fucked. Mark sings in key but he still has a personality in between songs. Heaven forbid I want Blink 182 to be fun. Crazy, I know. I was giving him a chance to sell himself to me and he just failed. I guess he's just not that type of personality. Even that "forced" banter between Mark and Tom had more chemistry than Mark and Matt do. It was just weird seeing a Blink 182 show where the only person talking and making jokes was Mark. Just an observation. Don't know why you got so defensive and equated to what I said to "bring back Tom".

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I know how you feel. I went and saw some live stand up recently and it annoyed me that he didn't perform any songs inbetween jokes. So weird. Has he no personality?!

I guess if I want to hear music I'll see a band perform. If I want to hear jokes I'll go watch a comedian.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan2point5 said:
18 minutes ago, Dan2point5 said:

Don't get me wrong I know how you feel. I went and saw some live stand up recently and it annoyed me that he didn't perform any songs inbetween jokes. So weird. Has he no personality?!

I guess if I want to hear music I'll see a band perform. If I want to hear jokes I'll go watch a comedian.

Dude, can you stop acting like jokes and comedy aren't an integral part of Blink 182? They have 2 joke songs on the new album FFS.

When I go to a concert I'm not JUST there to hear music. I'm there to have fun. I'm there to laugh and be entertained AND rock out. 

AAR's set sounded good PLUS Tyson Ritter was hilarious any time he wasn't singing. That's something I'm going to miss about Blink unless Matt loosens up a bit. But like I said, maybe I just caught him on a bad night.