2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

I wouldnt be moshing to that. I still get down with the pits but i dont see the point to soft music. Especially atdr kind of music, where its a bunch of hipsters who think theyre hardcore out there swinging their fists and stomping around. I was going to go see blink in september but idk the reviews here arent all that, and i dont really want to pay that much for ga blink182 tickets. Seats arent my thing either so i doubt ill be going. Funny how bad i wanted to see them years ago and now its whatever to me if i miss them.

When it was first announced everyone here was jizzing out over ADTR. bunch of people piled on me for saying they were a bad opening act.

When you factor in old Warped Tours and my screamo phase, i've seen a lot of questionable bands live. i have to say that ADTR was one of the very worst.

14 hours ago, Chase said:

Since it's fresh on my mind, here are some random thoughts about the Hershey show (for reference, last show I went to was on the Honda Civic Tour with MCR about 2 days before Neighborhoods officially dropped):

• Absolutely incredible energy the whole night from the band. Made the Honda Civic Tour look embarrassing, IMO. Skiba actually moved around a ton on stage, Mark looked happy beyond belief, and Travis did his thing as always.
  • Lot of love for Skiba from the crowd
  • Crowd was kinda weird. The energy was great during ATST, WMAA, etc. But like I said above, a stunning amount of people didn't know Enema Blink
    • (For example: at the end of ADTR's set, they did like a 1 minute medley of Blink riffs on an acoustic guitar. The first riff was Going Away to College and - again - there were an insane amount of people who literally didn't know what song was being played)
  • Some guy tried to start a mosh by throwing elbows during (wait for it)...First Date. Solidified my hatred of this song.
  • A lot of people did know Bored to Death (and shockingly San Diego for whatever reason)

Hottest take:

• Being in the pit for ADTR was hands down the worst concert experience of my life (and I've been to at least 40 concerts). Don't get me wrong, ADTR themselves were fine. Not my cup of tea, but they had fun, interacted with the crowd, and sounded really good. But the people in the pit...ugh. Just larger guys bullying everyone around them and trying to pick fights. I felt bad for the middle school and high school kids who were just genuinely trying to watch their favorite band in peace.

All in all, a truly unforgettable time. Thank you Mark, Matt, and Travis for putting your hearts and souls in this album cycle. It really shows and many, many people appreciate it more than you could ever imagine.

In all fairness, if you want to watch your favorite band in peace, the pit is not the place to be to do that. 

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

When it was first announced everyone here was jizzing out over ADTR. bunch of people piled on me for saying they were a bad opening act.

When you factor in old Warped Tours and my screamo phase, i've seen a lot of questionable bands live. i have to say that ADTR was one of the very worst.

I gotta agree. I don't think they are that bad of a band live, but I was pretty bored and annoyed by the crowd in general. It hits this emotional dumb jock-scene thing I can't really comprehend.

20 hours ago, SimonSinick said:

I'd take GATC and Wendy Clear over DG any day of the week.

Noooooo. I'm biased tho, dysentery is one of my top 5 blink songs. Love the other two songs as well, would love them to replace first date and down with those

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

I bet you that 85% of that crowd didn't have a clue what they were playing when they played Don't Leave Me.

I was actually thinking the other day that it would be awesome if they added Don't Leave Me to the set. I'm stoked that they played it!

Exactly. It's a big reason when big bands like Blink don't play deep cuts. The majority of the crowd just stare. 

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I've been with you all along there. Not sure why Blink would think they were  a good fit together to be honest. I already gave a list a few times but there are a TON of bands with similar success that would've been better fits for openers

2 hours ago, Chewy030 said:

Exactly. It's a big reason when big bands like Blink don't play deep cuts. The majority of the crowd just stare. 

but that's a stupid reason. if i were blink, i wouldn't care about the knowledge of the crowd. if they're attending to a blink show, they will hear blink songs, and that's it. active bands don't play greatest hits sets all the time.

people usually know their ranking on the fan scale, so a newbie can't be mad that the band plays "unknown" songs. they will go home after the show, and listen to those songs, so they will know them the next time.

in a 90-minute set 45 minutes of hits would be more than enough. another 45 minutes should be anything else... obviously, now with skiba as a "learner" member they can't improvise and they can't have 100 songs in rotation. but i do hope they add deeper cuts one by one from now.

i think it's really boring to be in a band and play the same 25 songs every night for 3 months. so the band members obviously want diversity. we should let them know the crowd wants it too.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Clarke Has Herpes said:

In all fairness, if you want to watch your favorite band in peace, the pit is not the place to be to do that. 

You're absolutely right. Though I think that simply not throwing elbows / bullying younger kids into a mosh pit is basic human decency

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

but that's a stupid reason. if i were blink, i wouldn't care about the knowledge of the crowd. if they're attending to a blink show, they will hear blink songs, and that's it. active bands don't play greatest hits sets all the time.

people usually know their ranking on the fan scale, so a newbie can't be mad that the band plays "unknown" songs. they will go home after the show, and listen to those songs, so they will know them the next time.

in a 90-minute set 45 minutes of hits would be more than enough. another 45 minutes should be anything else... obviously, now with skiba as a "learner" member they can't improvise and they can't have 100 songs in rotation. but i do hope they add deeper cuts one by one from now.

i think it's really boring to be in a band and play the same 25 songs every night for 3 months. so the band members obviously want diversity. we should let them know the crowd wants it too.

It is a stupid reason but it's the truth. I've heard other bands get asked in interviews why they don't play more non singles and the say the same thing "People just stare at us" The fact that people were just standing during Dysentery Gary is just a god damn shame. 

5 hours ago, Chase said:

You're absolutely right. Though I think that simply not throwing elbows / bullying younger kids into a mosh pit is basic human decency

Oh for sure. I am sure the ATRD or whatever it is fans are major DBs if they're acting like that. It's not really mosh pit music anyways, and if a young kid is there you watch out and don't be a dick. I'll be in the pit tomorrow I'll be looking out for all my young folk