2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

It is true that they might change the set.

Brings me back to a time 15 years ago when Blink played a few festival shows right after TOYPAJ came out and it was "The mark, tom and Travis show" setlist and people were pissed, and when they started the main tour in early July, the totally changed the setlist up and added a ton new tracks.

I just hope, because that shit they got now is horrible.

I don't mind the songs they play, but really they need to expand the setlist at least another half an hour to add in some deeper cuts for the real fans.  So frustrating.  I said this in another topic, but I'll say it again: I was really hoping that the reason they stuck to the greatest hits and never played longer than 90 minutes was due to Tom's lack of commitment to the band and Mark's quote that 90 minutes is what feels right for the band was just covering for Tom's ass.  But so far that does not seem to be the case at all.  I really don't get it, even if it wasn't the case, Mark and Travis could have really made a powerful statement that could help the few Tombots clinging to the thought that this band is nothing without Tom, that "Hey, we're actually way better without Tom, not only can this new guy sing, but we're gonna play more deep cuts and play longer live; you still really miss Tom?!"  

Whatever, I'm still really excited to see them at Summerfest on July 5th.  Considering the album will be out, I'm hoping I"ll get to hear a few new songs beyond Bored to Death and the two joke songs.

23 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I agree. I think I'm starting to realize that there were so many negative things about blink that were incorrectly pinned on Tom. I did it too. Overall, I was expecting this setlist to be a "fuck you" towards tom, in the sense that they would play songs that they've always wanted to play. But it's evident now that it wasn't Tom that was responsible for the bland set list.

Well Tom was still partially to blame.  It's a group effort to not change up the setlist or play longer shows.

38 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I don't mind the songs they play, but really they need to expand the setlist at least another half an hour to add in some deeper cuts for the real fans.  So frustrating.  I said this in another topic, but I'll say it again: I was really hoping that the reason they stuck to the greatest hits and never played longer than 90 minutes was due to Tom's lack of commitment to the band and Mark's quote that 90 minutes is what feels right for the band was just covering for Tom's ass.  But so far that does not seem to be the case at all.  I really don't get it, even if it wasn't the case, Mark and Travis could have really made a powerful statement that could help the few Tombots clinging to the thought that this band is nothing without Tom, that "Hey, we're actually way better without Tom, not only can this new guy sing, but we're gonna play more deep cuts and play longer live; you still really miss Tom?!"  

Whatever, I'm still really excited to see them at Summerfest on July 5th.  Considering the album will be out, I'm hoping I"ll get to hear a few new songs beyond Bored to Death and the two joke songs.

I hear you! I was hoping too. It'd be especially easy now to go explore some dogs they haven't played in years with Mark singing like apple shampoo, wendyclear, or any song really. Or expand the set list would be ideal! Another half hour of a bunch of songs we haven't heard live in years. I don't see why they have to keep their playing time so low.

Just now, Clarke said:

I didn't really understand why you were making it out that I didn't realize this. But it's whatever

It wasn't that you didn't realize it, just that it seemed like you were taking all blame off of Tom on the subject, when he very clearly was just as much a part of this problem as Mark is.

Just now, Clarke said:

That's not how I was trying to come off. Basically I was pointing out how people would find a problem with blink, and incorrectly put all blame on Tom for it

Perhaps you weren't trying to come off that way, but look at your post:

35 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I agree. I think I'm starting to realize that there were so many negative things about blink that were incorrectly pinned on Tom. I did it too. Overall, I was expecting this setlist to be a "fuck you" towards tom, in the sense that they would play songs that they've always wanted to play. But it's evident now that it wasn't Tom that was responsible for the bland set list.

Your post really reads like, hey we were all blaming Tom for this, but its evident that Tom wasn't responsible at all for this.  Given your nature on these boards to be a Tom apologist, I just wanted to make it clear, that I still do give Tom equal share of the blame for how stale their setlist got while he was still in the band.

4 hours ago, blinkfan990 said:

I mean, it's obvious to me that they will change this set for the actual tour. The tour doesn't *technically* start until July 21. That's when they start playing larger venues, and hit the road with the openers on a consistent basis. That date is also two weeks after the last one. These shows at the beginning are just random warm up dates. There's just no way they aren't going to play songs off the new record - it just hasn't been released yet. Mark himself said he can't wait to play some of these new tracks. Don't worry people. 

Lol, don't get your hopes up kid. So they may add in/swap out a couple of new songs from California, but you can bet your sweet bippy they'll be sticking to the greatest hits set list. If they don't I'll buy you a unicorn off eBay. 

Just now, Clarke said:

It's on you then. That's not how the post reads. Nowhere did I say that he wasn't responsible "at all". And dude, I've even said afterwards that this is not what I'm trying to say.

How in the world does: "But it's evident now that it wasn't Tom that was responsible for the bland set list." Not read like you're taking all blame off of Tom on the subject?

I can see that you agree with me, but you must admit to what that post I quoted looked like and why I then had to clarify that Tom was still to blame as well.