2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Hit me up Jans ex

its just really not a fair argument if you hate the band for whatever reason, and don't personally appreciate the style of music. it doesnt make them any less popular. adtr are fucking huge. they're at the point where their career will be as long as they want it to be, and musically will live happily ever after playing huge shows all year. are they blink huge? not even close. but how do you even begin to compare 90% of active bands today to blink? blink is another animal of popularity. for the majority, they were a pop band of the 90s like the spice girls. we've seen example after example of this. WE are cult fans of the band, we know all the songs and know how deep and real they can be. but some forget that to the majority, they're a joke band who was naked in that video.

for me, i think country music is a joke. but you don't see me putting down country music and its artists just because i dont like the genre. country songs mean a lot to some people, and i get that and can appreciate it

• Like 1

Blink is playing hartford ct tonight (i live in ct) and im not going. Kind of feel weird, but im just not into it for some reason. Lately I've been realizing that I really love old blink, and after untitled, I just dont care much for it. I still would like to see them, but im not paying 140 for a pit ticket with a floor filled with a bunch of chodes. If it was pre 04 blink than yea for sure, nothing to do with the no Tom factor either, because I feel like its better with matt than recent tom anyways but it still doesnt make much of a difference to me.

Just an odd feeling wishing to be able to see them for so long (saw them in 09, great show) and its like hey they're here but fuck it. I also think since they're functioning again that I know theyll be back around. Hopefully with another new record with less Woahs though lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jd9973l said:

Blink is playing hartford ct tonight (i live in ct) and im not going. Kind of feel weird, but im just not into it for some reason. Lately I've been realizing that I really love old blink, and after untitled, I just dont care much for it. I still would like to see them, but im not paying 140 for a pit ticket with a floor filled with a bunch of chodes. If it was pre 04 blink than yea for sure, nothing to do with the no Tom factor either, because I feel like its better with matt than recent tom anyways but it still doesnt make much of a difference to me.

Just an odd feeling wishing to be able to see them for so long (saw them in 09, great show) and its like hey they're here but fuck it. I also think since they're functioning again that I know theyll be back around. Hopefully with another new record with less Woahs though lol

I feel you man.

I haven't bought tickets to the LA show yet and I'm still deciding if I want to go or not. I used to get so excited when blink was in town but now it's just a different feeling. A few years back I even saw them three times in a week haha. Who knows though, maybe I'll feel different when it's closer to the date.

4 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

Elitist blink-182 fans...doesn't get much worse than that.

You do realise that a large portion of music fans turn their nose up at blink the exact same way you turn your nose up at ADTR. Get off ya high fucking horses lads.

I was referring to the person that said blink sold out but ADTR didn't. Blink has many cringe lyrics as well. Didn't realize so many ADTR fans would get so offended.

2 hours ago, bojangles said:

they played M+M's tonight in Hartford, thats all i have to say for my review of the tonights show. I'll post a video of it tomorrow.

^This. I've been home in CT visiting my family and decided to go to the show. So much fun. M+M's was epic, as was San Diego. East coast crowds are the fucking best.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

i thought ADTR was on their last legs. would be very surprised if they or ATL were still around in 5 years..

They are. ADTR has been deteriorating in popularity and sales since the album with the hourglass on it came out. That was their peak.

1 hour ago, bojangles said:

to put it simply, I was the only person in the entire pit that was freaking out.

Haha yeah there were only a handful of people going crazy for it. All I care about is that they played it and I was able to freak out! 

I thought the crowd was pretty awesome. At least compared to the west coast crowds where I've been living for the past 5 years. I was in the seats and everyone was having a great time. The lawn was fucking nuts, mosh pits everywhere.

I will say something very different about the Vegas shows in July vs the Hartford show last night was the Mark-Skiba banter. In Vegas, they were both talking a lot and it was somewhat reminiscent of Mark and Tom banter. At the show last night, Skiba barely spoke. Sounds like that's how he's been at other recent shows based on posts here. Didn't really bother me but was quite a different vibe than the shows in Vegas a little over a month ago.

1 hour ago, J-Town said:

I will say something very different about the Vegas shows in July vs the Hartford show last night was the Mark-Skiba banter. In Vegas, they were both talking a lot and it was somewhat reminiscent of Mark and Tom banter. At the show last night, Skiba barely spoke. Sounds like that's how he's been at other recent shows based on posts here. Didn't really bother me but was quite a different vibe than the shows in Vegas a little over a month ago.

like i've said before, i don't think he's a very talky person onstage. and that's great, because he's being himself, and it separates the two guitarists of blink that there are now. but for fans that grew up on just as much banter as songs it's certainly jarring

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

like i've said before, i don't think he's a very talky person onstage. and that's great, because he's being himself, and it separates the two guitarists of blink that there are now. but for fans that grew up on just as much banter as songs it's certainly jarring

Yeah if Skiba isn't a very talky person onstage that's fine, he shouldn't force it. It did feel natural and added to both Vegas shows is all I'm saying. I'm sure he'll have some nights where he's talkative and some nights where he's not.