Jump to content
 
The Bean Twiddler

2016 Summer Tour General Discussion

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

Elitist blink-182 fans...doesn't get much worse than that.

You do realise that a large portion of music fans turn their nose up at blink the exact same way you turn your nose up at ADTR. Get off ya high fucking horses lads.

Exactly. Fucking hilarious. 

ADTR are the baby of Blinks influence ffs. i find it hilarious all the bands Blink inspired are hated. Guess what? Blink are also hated/looked down upon. Fucking weirdos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got some quality songs. Also hilarious you posted some of their cringey lyrics. I could post pages of blinks cringey lyrics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its just really not a fair argument if you hate the band for whatever reason, and don't personally appreciate the style of music. it doesnt make them any less popular. adtr are fucking huge. they're at the point where their career will be as long as they want it to be, and musically will live happily ever after playing huge shows all year. are they blink huge? not even close. but how do you even begin to compare 90% of active bands today to blink? blink is another animal of popularity. for the majority, they were a pop band of the 90s like the spice girls. we've seen example after example of this. WE are cult fans of the band, we know all the songs and know how deep and real they can be. but some forget that to the majority, they're a joke band who was naked in that video.

for me, i think country music is a joke. but you don't see me putting down country music and its artists just because i dont like the genre. country songs mean a lot to some people, and i get that and can appreciate it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they're big in the UK? I'm honestly not sure, but I don't know anyone who is a fan (I live in the US). Not that my friends are some cultural hub or something, but we're all heavily into music and I had never even heard of them until they started playing with Blink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blink is playing hartford ct tonight (i live in ct) and im not going. Kind of feel weird, but im just not into it for some reason. Lately I've been realizing that I really love old blink, and after untitled, I just dont care much for it. I still would like to see them, but im not paying 140 for a pit ticket with a floor filled with a bunch of chodes. If it was pre 04 blink than yea for sure, nothing to do with the no Tom factor either, because I feel like its better with matt than recent tom anyways but it still doesnt make much of a difference to me.

 

Just an odd feeling wishing to be able to see them for so long (saw them in 09, great show) and its like hey they're here but fuck it. I also think since they're functioning again that I know theyll be back around. Hopefully with another new record with less Woahs though lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jd9973l said:

Blink is playing hartford ct tonight (i live in ct) and im not going. Kind of feel weird, but im just not into it for some reason. Lately I've been realizing that I really love old blink, and after untitled, I just dont care much for it. I still would like to see them, but im not paying 140 for a pit ticket with a floor filled with a bunch of chodes. If it was pre 04 blink than yea for sure, nothing to do with the no Tom factor either, because I feel like its better with matt than recent tom anyways but it still doesnt make much of a difference to me.

 

Just an odd feeling wishing to be able to see them for so long (saw them in 09, great show) and its like hey they're here but fuck it. I also think since they're functioning again that I know theyll be back around. Hopefully with another new record with less Woahs though lol

I feel you man.

I haven't bought tickets to the LA show yet and I'm still deciding if I want to go or not. I used to get so excited when blink was in town but now it's just a different feeling. A few years back I even saw them three times in a week haha. Who knows though, maybe I'll feel different when it's closer to the date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Poet Danderson said:

Elitist blink-182 fans...doesn't get much worse than that.

You do realise that a large portion of music fans turn their nose up at blink the exact same way you turn your nose up at ADTR. Get off ya high fucking horses lads.

I was referring to the person that said blink sold out but ADTR didn't. Blink has many cringe lyrics as well. Didn't realize so many ADTR fans would get so offended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bojangles said:

they played M+M's tonight in Hartford, thats all i have to say for my review of the tonights show. I'll post a video of it tomorrow.

^This. I've been home in CT visiting my family and decided to go to the show. So much fun. M+M's was epic, as was San Diego. East coast crowds are the fucking best.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bojangles said:

they played M+M's tonight in Hartford, thats all i have to say for my review of the tonights show. I'll post a video of it tomorrow.

Fuck guess i should have went. Howd the crowd react to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jd9973l said:

Fuck guess i should have went. Howd the crowd react to that

to put it simply, I was the only person in the entire pit that was freaking out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought ADTR was on their last legs. would be very surprised if they or ATL were still around in 5 years..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

i thought ADTR was on their last legs. would be very surprised if they or ATL were still around in 5 years..

They are. ADTR has been deteriorating in popularity and sales since the album with the hourglass on it came out. That was their peak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bojangles said:

to put it simply, I was the only person in the entire pit that was freaking out.

Haha yeah there were only a handful of people going crazy for it. All I care about is that they played it and I was able to freak out! 

I thought the crowd was pretty awesome. At least compared to the west coast crowds where I've been living for the past 5 years. I was in the seats and everyone was having a great time. The lawn was fucking nuts, mosh pits everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...