NO FUTURE OUT NOW !!!!!!!!

lerotou

51 minutes ago, surfbro16 said:

the harmonies remind me of mest.  love the new blink sound, but part of me hates that it's so influenced by feldmann.  don't get me wrong, i love it, but instead of being the "new blink" it's the "new blink/feldmann".  

then would EOTS and TOYPAJ blink be considered the start of "blink/Jerry Finn?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

ah motherfucker, fuck you that was my idea...

no just kidding, thats awesome dude...so cool u got interviewed about it!

You inspired me! I can't believe how much attention the video has received. This has been one of the weirdest days of my life because of it.

And the new Yellowcard song is called Rest in Peace.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dildo69er said:

bahaha the interview makes it sound like you dont like skiba, at least they put the bit in at the bottom

Yeah, leading the article with "Some Blink-182 fans really miss Tom DeLonge. So much so that one of them inserted him into the band’s newest music video for “Bored to Death." is extremely misleading. Haha.

Nope! Glad Tom's gone. GImmie more Skiba!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, leading the article with "Some Blink-182 fans really miss Tom DeLonge. So much so that one of them inserted him into the band’s newest music video for “Bored to Death." is extremely misleading. Haha.

Nope! Glad Tom's gone. GImmie more Skiba!

OMG you are a tombot!!!!! :-) 

1 hour ago, bribrihate said:

California is shaping up to be the worst Blink album ever and the best Alkaline Trio record in a decade. I'd honestly rather get 1 blink album every 5 years than 1 every year with Skiba. And I'm not even saying a Tom comeback is what the band needs, but it's not this fucking guy either. Sounds more like his shitty band than Blink. ?

You're gonna have a hard time here.

I like how people around here have to apologize for enjoying blink 182 with Tom Delonge. Imagine that..preferring the original vocalist and guitarist for all their iconic songs over a guy whos been there a year :rolleyes:

Anyways I like the song and production still after about 20 listens but its still missing Tom. Its also kind of weird calling this blink 182 even though I like all the songs besides Rabbit Hole which is just OK. 

This also sounds nothing like old blink. I guess when people say that they mean it sounds like "pop punk" which Id agree

Overall Im enjoying the songs a lot but its just weird being under the blink name. Feldman might as well be the official 4th member. Hes had more influence on this project than Skiba! 

I think NF is certainly enjoyable. It definitely grows with a few listens. Not mind-blowing but not as boring as the bulk of neighborhoods. 

A few things that concern:

1. How repetitive the song structures are. Have Matt just take the choruses and Mark just take the verses in one song or something. 

2. The guitar lacking some balls. I know people are saying Enema is real glossy, no disagreement here, but the guitars were way more punchy. Especially on Dysentery Gary or Anthem. I would prefer some better tones. This might be a Feldman thing because the guitars on the last few AK3 albums have sounded great. 

3. The non-verbal singing/chanting. It was an occasional tool in Blink's arsenal, not a staple of every song. If every single song has ohhhs it's gonna sound like the Offspring. 

I also find it super interesting that a lot of people like this song the best so far. I thought Rabbit Hole was an awesome distillation of the classic 99-01 Blink sound (or my perception of it at least). The best thing I can say about NF is it has me even more pumped for California. 

6 minutes ago, Heinrich Faust said:

I think NF is certainly enjoyable. It definitely grows with a few listens. Not mind-blowing but not as boring as the bulk of neighborhoods. 

A few things that concern:

1. How repetitive the song structures are. Have Matt just take the choruses and Mark just take the verses in one song or something. 

2. The guitar lacking some balls. I know people are saying Enema is real glossy, no disagreement here, but the guitars were way more punchy. Especially on Dysentery Gary or Anthem. I would prefer some better tones. This might be a Feldman thing because the guitars on the last few AK3 albums have sounded great. 

3. The non-verbal singing/chanting. It was an occasional tool in Blink's arsenal, not a staple of every song. If every single song has ohhhs it's gonna sound like the Offspring. 

I also find it super interesting that a lot of people like this song the best so far. I thought Rabbit Hole was an awesome distillation of the classic 99-01 Blink sound (or my perception of it at least). The best thing I can say about NF is it has me even more pumped for California. 

1. In my opinion this song brings together what the last two songs were missing. It doesn't drag out as much as Bored to Death (it's just that Oh's in the Bridge and the Outro with that dragged like hell, if it was taken out and the bridge was short and even take out I'd like it better) and it feels fuller than Rabbit Hole (good song but it feels empty a bit).

2. I'm happy that Blink (Mark) has fresh ideas but I'm starting to dislike the production. The only time I like the gang vocals and "mouth noise" is in this song with the bridge and the NA's. Guitars sound thin and not ballsy as you said. People are saying its low in the mix and I can see that. Matt is really not the greatest guitarist out there but when he does something cool you can't hear it. Maybe that's just because I haven't listened to this song with headphones yet.

3. The only time I like the gang vocals and "mouth noise" is in this song with the bridge and the NA's.