NO FUTURE OUT NOW !!!!!!!!

lerotou

19 minutes ago, JLX9 said:

What term do you classify Woah, Oh, Yo-Oh, and Na?

I'm not sure. I've never had a term for it.

Something I noticed in the second chorus for no future is that you can faintly hear Matt singing a different version of it. I know it's background vocals to add weight to the song but I'd like to hear a more isolated version. Sounded interesting.

I began the day thinking this was going to be one of my least favorite songs on the album, but god damn I'm in love with it now. The "where did she go" part with Skiba gives me chills. No doubt in my mind this will blow Neighborhoods out of the water.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrisx37 said:

I began the day thinking this was going to be one of my least favorite songs on the album, but god damn I'm in love with it now. The "where did she go" part with Skiba gives me chills. No doubt in my mind this will blow Neighborhoods out of the water.

I'm with you there. I woke up and found this song a few minutes later. I turned it off halfway through cause I wasn't a fan, but after giving it a few more listens I'm super into it. Skiba kills it and is what made me keep coming back and listening again. Keep killing it skiba!

24 minutes ago, redhotbrianpeppers said:

Skiba's vocal bridge is my favorite part to any blink song since 2003.

This this this!!! 

The Bridge is Killer, wish they used some of those melodies in the outro instead of the nana's but I can live with it. 

This is going to be a fun album:)

Fucking love it but personally prefer RH and BTD but only just.

I think the first verse is a bit weak and I actually prefered the song when I sped it up to 1.25x on YouTube (although it's a bit messy of course) but overall still a great song. Love the gang vocals personally, wouldn't want it on too many sons but cool to hear something like that as a one off.

7 minutes ago, plusavablinker said:

Skiba´s bridge is gold, I like the song but the production is starting to make me wonder if feldman is a good option...

Yeah, Tom was right to not want producers if that's what Mark was looking for. They could have gone with an alternative rock dude, keeping their pop punk feel but still moving forward. 

This is just too poppy.

• Like 1

24 pages, well fuck me.

Mmk, so heres my thoughts - 

1. If this song had come out first, I'd have fallen in love with it, but because it's the third one and the obvious formula has been used yet again, it has marred my enjoyment of it on first listen.

2. Mark sounds so much goddamn better in the lower register, he really should just stay there and let Matt take the tenor. 

3. The drums are amazeballs.

4. Actually the better lyrics of the songs we've had so far. lots of lines in this I love, like "A permanent state from a moments mistake" is freakin' awesome tbh. unfortunately though theres a lot of similarities with other songs so far (Matt likes floors, lots of dreams and screaming happening here)

5. That chorus, holy shit do I love that chorus. the verses are actually very reminiscent to old blink, but the chorus isn't and I think that's great. however the 'they don't care about you' line sounds exactly like another song but I can't for the life of me work out what it is.

6. The na-na-nas... I don't see them as childish. I see why people think that but I disagree. I do however think they're a little unnecessary / over the top. maybe having them just at the end or something would have sufficed.

7. Why did they bother to auto tune Mark in the beginning of the track, but completely not bother to do anything with Matts 2 vocal cracks in the bridge? they're so obvious... like who made that call?

8. I love the guitar on this track, but it needs to be higher in the mix. theres some great parts just being smothered in more 'fledy' production.

9. This is probably my favourite of the 3. I still can't like BTD no matter how much I try, and Rabbit Hole is great but in a sort of "Its a bit of fun!" way, this song actually has some goddamn legs.

10. NONE OF THEM ARE ABOUT TOM FFS

and theres my thoughts!

• Like 1