NO FUTURE OUT NOW !!!!!!!!

lerotou

5 minutes ago, GrimCityGirl said:

24 pages, well fuck me.

Mmk, so heres my thoughts - 

1. If this song had come out first, I'd have fallen in love with it, but because it's the third one and the obvious formula has been used yet again, it has marred my enjoyment of it on first listen.

2. Mark sounds so much goddamn better in the lower register, he really should just stay there and let Matt take the tenor. 

3. The drums are amazeballs.

4. Actually the better lyrics of the songs we've had so far. lots of lines in this I love, like "A permanent state from a moments mistake" is freakin' awesome tbh. unfortunately though theres a lot of similarities with other songs so far (Matt likes floors, lots of dreams and screaming happening here)

5. That chorus, holy shit do I love that chorus. the verses are actually very reminiscent to old blink, but the chorus isn't and I think that's great. however the 'they don't care about you' line sounds exactly like another song but I can't for the life of me work out what it is.

6. The na-na-nas... I don't see them as childish. I see why people think that but I disagree. I do however think they're a little unnecessary / over the top. maybe having them just at the end or something would have sufficed.

7. Why did they bother to auto tune Mark in the beginning of the track, but completely not bother to do anything with Matts 2 vocal cracks in the bridge? they're so obvious... like who made that call?

8. I love the guitar on this track, but it needs to be higher in the mix. theres some great parts just being smothered in more 'fledy' production.

9. This is probably my favourite of the 3. I still can't like BTD no matter how much I try, and Rabbit Hole is great but in a sort of "Its a bit of fun!" way, this song actually has some goddamn legs.

10. NONE OF THEM ARE ABOUT TOM FFS

and theres my thoughts!

Man, the cracks in Matt's voice are the best thing to happen to this song. I'm all for leaving the cracks so it sounds authentic. Otherwise, you have 5sos. 

I'm grateful they left the cracks. And I'm sure that's the reason why they left them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nicknem92 said:

Yeah, Tom was right to not want producers if that's what Mark was looking for. They could have gone with an alternative rock dude, keeping their pop punk feel but still moving forward. 

This is just too poppy.

if you think neighborhoods sounded good you're probably tonedeaf

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry said:

I'm not sure. I've never had a term for it.

Something I noticed in the second chorus for no future is that you can faintly hear Matt singing a different version of it. I know it's background vocals to add weight to the song but I'd like to hear a more isolated version. Sounded interesting.

I actually think thats Mark. Are you talking about the "they dont care about you" part before bridge? 

1 hour ago, theHELL182 said:

Why do you guys always complain about production ?

It's solid and fits the genre. Get over it. 

I am more worried if No future is a good live song. Feels like Mark will also struggle with this one. 

The production is objectively very good but theres something off putting about it for blink-182 because of the way the guitars are used. Its hard for me to explain exactly

1 hour ago, RAX said:

The sound in general needs more "room" or "air" and thicker and natural guitar sound. Its kinda dead. 

That's because they used-to my ears-the same amp/Speaker/MIC combination in the Kemper and the same guitar for double tracks.

I also guess that Matt used his Custom Jazzmaster on this one. 

Those pickups don't deliver a high output tone and miss thickness. But they are transparent, which you can hear well in the song.

At least the current guitar tone blows Tom's shit  rig out of the water. 

Jerry Finn was known for using many different amps and mic combinations to make an outstanding guitar tone on records. 

You can't replace him, so you have to trust the new engineers (Feldman and this young guy) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

24 pages, well fuck me.

Mmk, so heres my thoughts - 

1. If this song had come out first, I'd have fallen in love with it, but because it's the third one and the obvious formula has been used yet again, it has marred my enjoyment of it on first listen.

2. Mark sounds so much goddamn better in the lower register, he really should just stay there and let Matt take the tenor. 

3. The drums are amazeballs.

4. Actually the better lyrics of the songs we've had so far. lots of lines in this I love, like "A permanent state from a moments mistake" is freakin' awesome tbh. unfortunately though theres a lot of similarities with other songs so far (Matt likes floors, lots of dreams and screaming happening here)

5. That chorus, holy shit do I love that chorus. the verses are actually very reminiscent to old blink, but the chorus isn't and I think that's great. however the 'they don't care about you' line sounds exactly like another song but I can't for the life of me work out what it is.

6. The na-na-nas... I don't see them as childish. I see why people think that but I disagree. I do however think they're a little unnecessary / over the top. maybe having them just at the end or something would have sufficed.

7. Why did they bother to auto tune Mark in the beginning of the track, but completely not bother to do anything with Matts 2 vocal cracks in the bridge? they're so obvious... like who made that call?

8. I love the guitar on this track, but it needs to be higher in the mix. theres some great parts just being smothered in more 'fledy' production.

9. This is probably my favourite of the 3. I still can't like BTD no matter how much I try, and Rabbit Hole is great but in a sort of "Its a bit of fun!" way, this song actually has some goddamn legs.

10. NONE OF THEM ARE ABOUT TOM FFS

and theres my thoughts!

You forgot one!

11. Skiba's high harmonies on the chorus on "they don't care about you"..

Skiba is the man.

Also, the chorus feels like a more polished poppier NOFX chorus!

17 minutes ago, Capsov said:
Looks like Travis' drumming saved this song for them. I agree

I think he meant Travis argued to keep the track on the record.