What does Blink 182 do next?

Knapppers

While i know its very early to be talking about what they do after this album cycle, I was wondering what is going to happen next. 

People are pretty on the same page I feel that Feldman played a massive part in this albums sound. Im pretty positive theyre going to stick with him for whatever they do next. 

I feel theres no way they can put out another record in the same style as this. This was a fun, bringing blink back to their roots kinda album. They have to do something different next time. I feel Feldman cant do that though. He kinda seems like a one trick pony and that this popy style of music is all he can produce. I could be wrong but I dont think I am. I see the next album not working out as good as this one.

So in sticking with Feldman, what do you feel like will be next in this bands future?

• Like 3

It doesn't even have to be a dark record to be good. I hope they go down the experimental route again. They can make fun songs without it being 2000s era pop punk. However, more serious/moody songs do have more emotional weight to them. Compare it with films --> while the Hangover is really funny and a great comedy, the Godfather has so much more depth.

But for the love of God, whatever they decide to do, no more Feldmann please (unless he totally reinvents himself).

• Like 1

I also worry if they stay with Feldmann the album will sound the same. I would love them to experiment a little more and the songs follow the likes of Cynical, Left Alone and Los Angeles. They don't have to write darker music to be experimental though. I hope Matt has a huge influence on the next album because I thoroughly enjoyed the songs he was focused on.

• Like 2

After the tour they should

• Release the EP (probably will sound similar to California)
  • Write more experimental stuff and have some songs with only 1 vocalist
  • Ride w/ Feldy into the sunset
  • Take a break (Matt goes to Trio, Mark and Travis slowly work on a new +44 album)
  • Like 1

Honestly, just don't have co writers. I don't even mind a producer, just no co writing, I think Matt and Mark and damn talented enough and it will be 100x more enjoyable to hear genuine lyrics and stories from themselves.

I did enjoy California though.

I say release the EP, write their own new album, let John produce a couple tracks out of thanks.

I want them to experiment again. Like someone already mentioned, it doesn't have to be dark to be good, but I'd love for them to be willing to experiment again. I love it when blink tries something new. Los Angeles is one of my favorite songs on the new album because it's one of the only tracks I feel they really went out of their way to step out of their comfort zone for. I think California is a great stepping stone for even greater things yet to come.

• Like 4

i have a feeling this upcoming touring cycle is going to leave them exhausted, and that's before a UK trek. i think in the immediate future, we'll see the EP's release at some point in the fall to keep promoting the tour, and potentially a live album after the entire california promotional cycle is done.

thinking that the promo cycle for california is complete by mid to late 2017 (and no australian leg), we could see matt return to trio for a second to catch his breath. blink could regroup after that and have another album out in 2018, with feldmann of course again producing (he's not going anywhere). that album will be a lot better than california, much more moody/experimental like some of us hoped for. after that? same promo cycle. 

then i could see tom being back with blink at some point as the decade closes out. i foresee a giant official REUNION tour that's gonna make crazy money. and then blink will alternate between matt and tom periods for the rest of its existence 

After their tour, they should release the EP (probably gonna be Xmas release), then they said they would do that Europe Tour (some world tour idk), and after that they should start to record a more experimental album (darker I would prefer). I would want it without Feldy but he's probably gonna be their producer for life unfortunately. I believe before they record another album Matt would be recording and touring with AK3, but maybe they could release the 60+ song/demos in the meantime and maybe they'll release a live album or acoustic album. 

2 hours ago, pb31 said:

I see california TOYPAJ Ptpretty. . 2pterodactyl. , so hopefully they follow Untitled Pt. 2? 

TOYPAJ is really just Enema pt. 2, so I'd say this is more like Enema pt. 3 which makes some sense as each of those 3 albums grow and evolve from the one before it while mainting a similar overall sound.

• Like 2