Predict the next singles

Meltdown Tracker

On 28 June 2016 at 3:34 AM, bojangles said:

She's Out of Her Mind

Home

and if theres a 4th i'd say they should pick No Future...

I like Sober but I'd hate to see it as a single because the song will just make blink look like sell outs...

Sell outs? Blink sold out with enema ffs. Nobody and I mean NOBODY think blink are a punk band. They've never been punk. They're a pop rock band. Sober would be a great single. Casuals fans know blink from the pop singles. 

• Like 6

Sell outs is a way overused term.  So they want to be popular by appealing to a big audience?  Wouldn't we all like that?  If you say no, you are lying to yourself.

Back to the topic at hand, Sober is definitely single material.  Home is Such a Lonely Place can be STFTK Part 2 and can easily be a single.  A long shot might be San Diego.  I think I just really like the song and wish it would be shared with the world.  Kind of doubt it will be a single though.

So, I'll go with Home as next single followed by Sober.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Itunes, Sober is 3rd behind BTD and Rabbit Hole on downloads.  The latter two had the benefit of a boost from being our first taste of new Blink...so Sober is looking promising.  On the other hand, Spotify shows that SOOHM is #1 in plays outside of the singles/pre-album released songs...

• Like 1

I'm sure this has already been posted, but the numbers are officially in... This album sold so pretty damn well! 185k w/streaming, 170k pure album sales. More than Neighborhoods for sure....and that was 5 years ago AND released on a major label.  I think its about 20k more pure album sales than Neighborhoods.

Next single will most likely be Sober I think and then SOOHM

• Like 1

I think this album could have 4 singles...Sober and Home really need to be singles, but it's hard to ignore SOOHM. It has major potential also. 

And I could see Los Angeles appearing on like a comic book movie soundtrack for sure.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

I think this album could have 4 singles...Sober and Home really need to be singles, but it's hard to ignore SOOHM. It has major potential also. 

And I could see Los Angeles appearing on like a comic book movie soundtrack for sure.

Completely agree! Personally I'd like to have No a Future as their 2nd single, but you can't ignore Sober & its potential. I also personally prefer California over Home, but Home will make it farther.

I feel like Sober is the key for them to break through from just the alt charts to the Top 40 charts.

Blink hasn't had a Hot 100 hit since I Miss You. That was 12 years ago. As has been said above, Sober was basically written for the radio. If Sober were to "break the drought" and cross over into pop radio, I think radio stations would be far more inclined to give later singles like SOOHM and Home a chance.

• Like 2