Predict the next singles

Meltdown Tracker

I think Blink is making a bit of a mistake not dropping another single..

I mean album had a lot of hype should have just dropped one then surprised Bored to Death has had this much staying power but another single for the casuals would blow the roof off, time is ticking though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

I think Blink is making a bit of a mistake not dropping another single..

I mean album had a lot of hype should have just dropped one then surprised Bored to Death has had this much staying power but another single for the casuals would blow the roof off, time is ticking though 

i'm no major label marketing guy but i don't think there's really a timetable for whenever they want to release a second single. bands like twenty one pilots right now put out their singles like a year ago and only just now are they blowing up on pop radio. same thing with disclosure's song latch, it didn't impact US radio until like 2 years after it was a hit elsewhere

13 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yes, and that type of song typically kills it on top 40 radio.

I'm honestly not sure if it does. It seems like anything out of "pop song" is not in the top 40 anymore.

4 hours ago, Zoltan said:

the next single will be something they haven't yet played live.

yeah, most likely, meaning the "SOOHM & Home Is Such A Lonely Place" arguments are practically bang on.

• Like 1

Sober could be a big hit but it's also a VERY polarizing song. People either love it or think it's straight garbage. Kind of a big risk to take on a single. I personally think it's terrible and that seems to be the consensus for my friends, but the fact that some people here have the opposite opinion means it could be a hit anyway. Who knows. I'd rather not have a song I hate become a big hit for my favorite band, but what can ya do? The more success the better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Sober could be a big hit but it's also a VERY polarizing song. People either love it or think it's straight garbage. Kind of a big risk to take on a single. I personally think it's terrible and that seems to be the consensus for my friends, but the fact that some people here have the opposite opinion means it could be a hit anyway. Who knows. I'd rather not have a song I hate become a big hit for my favorite band, but what can ya do? The more success the better.

That's what I have found. My friends and I really don't like Sober but there's a group of people on here who love it so it's a mixed bag. I never thought I would say this about a Blink song but if it starts playing on a the radio I'll probably change the station.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dyls5 said:

That's what I have found. My friends and I really don't like Sober but there's a group of people on here who love it so it's a mixed bag. I never thought I would say this about a Blink song but if it starts playing on a the radio I'll probably change the station.

I already do that often when All The Small Things comes on.  Overplayed to death, I really need to be in the mood for it to keep my radio on that station these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I already do that often when All The Small Things comes on.  Overplayed to death, I really need to be in the mood for it to keep my radio on that station these days.

Yeah that makes sense. I listen to KROQ a lot and I feel like they over play First Date and The Rock Show. I get they were some of the biggest singles but I wish they went deeper into the bands catalogue.

Feeling This was a GREAT time for Blink radio success..I loved them overplaying that song.  Atst was cool when I was younger but yeah hate that on radio now , rock show is fine, first date is ehh.. I miss you was annoying because the emo and chick frenzy for it created in highschool about toms freaking hair..feeling this was so much cooler. 

I don't love Sober, but I DONT think it'll be a song they haven't played..because maybe they can't play it great and they sure as hell won't release a single they can't play live..at least I don't think, so I don't think SOOHM will be it.

I kind of hope it is SOOHM now while not a favorite, that opening bass line and what not is pure blink and I want some of that on the radio.

In fairness, I dislike a lot of blink singles. ATST I can't listen to anymore, same goes for I Miss You. I never particularly liked Down (although with skiba at the helm its now more enjoyable) don't particularly care for First Date, I hate both Up All Night and After Midnight and I don't like Bored To Death either. wouldn't bother me if they released Sober and it did well as I don't care about the song either way. I don't think it's the right choice for the single, but it wouldn't bother me. 

They should logically choose She's Out of Her Mind as the second single, it fits. I don't like the song but its the obvious choice.

Here's my opinion using my nonsense marketing degree. 

Sober should be the next single. Big chorus, catchy as hell "na-na-nas," and lyrics that would be right at home in the top 40. BTD slated the alternative charts but they need to to go big. Sober has the best crossover potential.

After that HISALP. It's somber and very reminiscent of the Adam's Song aesthetic. I think it speaks more to an older demographic with it's lyrical theme and tempo. I imagine it would do decent on the alt charts.

If they have the longevity for a 4th single, (which I think they should based off radio play, press coverage, and chart palcement) then it should be SOOHM. It's a very classic-Enema sound. It'll speak to long time fans and hit the younger pop-punk crowd. It won't chart as well but it'll definitely help with ticket sales.

• Like 1

find this on reddit now:

"Mark did a grab on triple m radio in Melbourne promoting new single "She's out of her mind" as it's the triple m song of the week. Australia's biggest rock channel especially in Melbourne have really been getting behind blink since btd came out"

• Like 1

I'm thinking a new single should be dropping soon. BTD finally dropped from #1 to #2 on the alt chart. Time to release either Sober or SOOHM and see if they achieve some crossover success now

• Like 2