Predict the next singles

Meltdown Tracker

I think Home should be a single. I also think they should include a less radio friendly song as a single, like Adam's Song, STFTK & Down from previous albums. Maybe Los Angeles, but if they were to do that, they need something like SOOHM before that IMO.

BTD > HISALP > SOOHM > LA.

I think Sober HAS to be a single. It's really amazing that in this day and age that this album went #1 and sold MORE than Neighborhoods when less and less people but albums nowadays.

They have to capitolize on this wave of success and ring in new fans - Sober is the crossover song (for better or worse) that the casual music fan will love.

I truly cannot stand the new direction of Fall Out Boy and hope that blink doesn't make a string of pop-rockish anthems like Sober regularly in the future but I LOVE this song. Matt's first verse is probably my favorite part of the album to sing along to. It's fun, catchy, relatable and will be a hit if they make this the next single. She's Out of Her mind is the obvious blink sounding single but it will not likely do much to draw in the casual music fan as Sober I feel would. Would be better off as the 3rd single to me.

Sober > She's Out of Her Mind

Do bands still actually release a bunch of singles?

I thought that now the album is out that radio stations will just play whatever songs they want.

I remember when we used to get 2 or 3 singles from an artist before the album had even dropped.

You guys realize Home Is Such A Lonely place was co-written by David Hodges right? He's cowritten Because Of You by Kelly Clarkson, A Thousand Years by Christina Perry, Jar Of Hearts, a few Avril songs, Daughtry, one of the founders and key writers of Evanescence... the list goes on and on. I'm banking that they won't sleep on making this the next single and It's one of the strongest songs on the album IMO. 

8 minutes ago, dyls5 said:

Is David Hodges a friend of the band? Or did the label decide they need to bring in someone to help write a radio friendly song that will do well?

He is a friend of Feldman's as they've worked on stuff together. I'm certain the label did not really have a huge say in regards to who Blink-182 writes with. 

Also remember - All The Small Things was written because they needed a radio single. They have always been a band that wants to appeal the masses and I love that about blink. They have their fan-favorites and then they have their radio hits that open the door the masses. I feel like once a new listener dives into their albums they start to truly understand why Blink-182 is such a special band. The extra catchy stuff helps open that door for some people though. 

I love how Home Is Such A Lonely place is such a heartfelt song lyrically but still has that "blink-182 catchyness" to it. And the way the chorus spins around and loops at the end reminds me of I Miss you in a way. I may be a bit bias but this has quickly become my favorite song on the album followed by Bored To Death. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Action said:

He is a friend of Feldman's as they've worked on stuff together. I'm certain the label did not really have a huge say in regards to who Blink-182 writes with. 

Also remember - All The Small Things was written because they needed a radio single. They have always been a band that wants to appeal the masses and I love that about blink. They have their fan-favorites and then they have their radio hits that open the door the masses. I feel like once a new listener dives into their albums they start to truly understand why Blink-182 is such a special band. The extra catchy stuff helps open that door for some people though. 

I love how Home Is Such A Lonely place is such a heartfelt song lyrically but still has that "blink-182 catchyness" to it. And the way the chorus spins around and loops at the end reminds me of I Miss you in a way. I may be a bit bias but this has quickly become my favorite song on the album followed by Bored To Death. 

Totally agree.

14 hours ago, Action said:

You guys realize Home Is Such A Lonely place was co-written by David Hodges right? He's cowritten Because Of You by Kelly Clarkson, A Thousand Years by Christina Perry, Jar Of Hearts, a few Avril songs, Daughtry, one of the founders and key writers of Evanescence... the list goes on and on. I'm banking that they won't sleep on making this the next single and It's one of the strongest songs on the album IMO. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I really hate Sober, official skip rotation, and Home is getting there (though I liked it at first, so maybe it would be a good single). Home just doesn't have the lasting power of Adam's Song, STFTK or I Miss You to me. Kinda generic, really.

I'd go with No Future or Left Alone. Los Angeles might do well. Honestly it doesn't really matter to me what they release anymore. Maybe the next album.

If I was 100% biased really the single should be Hey I'm Sorry. But that's just me. Feldmann had other plans. 

with a good music video any song from this album can be a hit. the bored to death video wasn't that interesting, they should release something funny or artistic. (i don't want another music video where the band members are just playing in a room, and have no other roles.)

• Like 2