California - Negative Points

madgaz182

Some of these are gunna seem nit-picky but I wanna try and give at least 1 negative for each song. 

Cynical - Far too short, I feel like it rushes to a close.  

Bored to Death - I'm not a fan of the "over and over and over and over and over and over etc"

SOOHM - "Ay-Ay-Ay-Anti social" bothers me because the "Ay" sound they make doesn't match the "Ah" at the beginning of the word anti-social.

LA - Not a fan of the verses. They'd probably sound better with a decent hip-hop drum beat behind them. Or at least real percussion, which is probably why I prefer the 2nd verse.

Sober - They missed a great opportunity to have a WMAA type bridge by having that piano part instead of having it be on guitar. 

Built This Pool - Not really a fan of joke songs in general. 

No Future - Really not a fan of the vocal melody for the chorus. 

HISALP - Why is there so much damn echo on Mark saying "Drive" at the end of the mini bridge? It comes out of nowhere and sticks out like a sore thumb. 

KOTW - Could do with a little riffage

TS - Not a fan of the chorus

Left Alone - The verses feel like they're missing something, probably guitar but I can't picture what it would sound like that still gives the chorus such a good punch. 

Rabbit Hole - Lyrically a bit iffy. 

San Diego - I feel like the bridge just doesn't really fit. It's like the song grinds to a halt. 

TOTTM - Much like KOTW, feels like it could do with a small riff, maybe have the riff at the end show up a bit more earlier in the song. 

California - hahahahah this song. 

BroRap - Another joke song

Hey, I'm Sorry - At this point I feel like they're purposefully avoiding guitar riffs and leaning a little too heavily on woahs. 

1 hour ago, Majestic McMoose said:

Some of these are gunna seem nit-picky but I wanna try and give at least 1 negative for each song. 

Cynical - Far too short, I feel like it rushes to a close.  

Bored to Death - I'm not a fan of the "over and over and over and over and over and over etc"

SOOHM - "Ay-Ay-Ay-Anti social" bothers me because the "Ay" sound they make doesn't match the "Ah" at the beginning of the word anti-social.

LA - Not a fan of the verses. They'd probably sound better with a decent hip-hop drum beat behind them. Or at least real percussion, which is probably why I prefer the 2nd verse.

Sober - They missed a great opportunity to have a WMAA type bridge by having that piano part instead of having it be on guitar. 

Built This Pool - Not really a fan of joke songs in general. 

No Future - Really not a fan of the vocal melody for the chorus. 

HISALP - Why is there so much damn echo on Mark saying "Drive" at the end of the mini bridge? It comes out of nowhere and sticks out like a sore thumb. 

KOTW - Could do with a little riffage

TS - Not a fan of the chorus

Left Alone - The verses feel like they're missing something, probably guitar but I can't picture what it would sound like that still gives the chorus such a good punch. 

Rabbit Hole - Lyrically a bit iffy. 

San Diego - I feel like the bridge just doesn't really fit. It's like the song grinds to a halt. 

TOTTM - Much like KOTW, feels like it could do with a small riff, maybe have the riff at the end show up a bit more earlier in the song. 

California - hahahahah this song. 

BroRap - Another joke song

Hey, I'm Sorry - At this point I feel like they're purposefully avoiding guitar riffs and leaning a little too heavily on woahs. 

Whoah, those are my favorite things on the entire album! I guess that's what cool about music, what one person hates another will love and vice  versa. 

8 hours ago, carlos182 said:

That's too sad.

But I don't believe you. It's impossible to dislike the whole album... at least you should like one of them. They're catchy as fuck!

A few of the songs have parts I enjoy!

Theres not enough catchy guitar riffs and too much yelling. Sounds like Skiba yells everything he says. 

I didn't think I would like it because I'm not really into that type of music any longer, but I had to give it a listen anyway to remind me of my teenage years. 

8 hours ago, theedge00 said:

yeah I noticed this too.

I find it odd that skiba is getting a lot of love from this site and mark is getting some criticism.   Not that he's immune but there are some tracks skiba performs that he just plain doesn't sound good on.   Where as with Mark I'm kind of at a point where we get it he cant hit the opening notes of btd let's move on.   Dude kills everything else he performs live.  He's been the constant in this band.   He's the primary reason they are still a band.  I'm aware mark gets love too but just seems wrong to be putting skiba ahead of him 

Edited by Blink182life-4life
Sp