San Diego is about Tom according to Feldman

Live Fast Die Fun

It's a very similar, if not more veiled, +44-esque verses/bridge that isn't as morose so much as somber regarding Tom.  It's very bleak, essentially calling out Tom for leaving a trail of destruction in his wake and not wanting to drown in his ocean of bullshit.  It's a strange tune, but very welcome on the record.

On July 5, 2016 at 8:09 AM, raw_sounds said:

"The history of the song [is about] growing up in San Diego, having so many of their work partners being from San Diego and having a member who lives in San Diego who is no longer in the band…it was a song that Mark didn’t want to write."

This is the quote, its about Tom and growing up in SD

Oops. I was wrong. lol 

Everyone can relate to San Diego.. It's not just about Tom.  It's speaking on a past time, place, that you had to move on from or has changed and you can't go back to because it's simply gone. We all wish it was possible to go back, but it's a lie to and you can hear Marks emotion with staying strong "can't you back to San Diegoo"

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

That's a little dumb meme. Yeah I hate the whoa's and shit but ruining blink 182?

You mean the band that I didn't even know existed anymore with all the breakups with Tom and everything that just was able to produce a top selling comeback album through this guy? 

Yes, ruining blink, i mean it. I would prefer blink to remain on an indefinite hiatus again, rather than seeing them releasing this crap, that fucks up a bit the good memories ive got from the band, so yeah to me this guy helped to ruin all that.

18 hours ago, Ghent said:

Because doing absolutely nothing at all is so much better than chart topping singles and a soon-to-be #1 album. 

Idiot.

Watch out shit brains. If you like this album, your taste in music may rest in peace. IDIOT. Right now blink=5sos. If u wanted that, then i guess congrats. Be more respectful next time please and grow up a bit kiddo.

I dunno, mediocre blink is still better than no blink to me.

And for the record I don't think new blink is mediocre. I like it. But I'd still rather be getting "bad" blink-182 albums than nothing.

This is the same reason why I would be excited for a new Box Car album, even though it would probably suck. A band releasing bad new music doesn't ruin the old music in any way for me.

• Like 2

Even if you TRULY think they sound or feel like 5sos now, they still released songs like Cynical, The Only Thing that matters, which are undeniably good and nothing like 5sos so that's your own selfish fault if you can't look past their new image (IN YOUR EYES) and enjoy something, like those releases, instead of nothing.

18 minutes ago, thongrider said:

The only thing that matters could definitely be a bad 50sos song

Seriously? Not a chance.. The bass line, the drums are 110% Blink 182. The chorus maybe could go either way, but the song was clearly written to be their homage to dude ranch 2016 style and I think they nailed it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

A bad song a bad song. To play a bad song in dude ranch style is an insult to dude ranch.

To each his own, it's possibly my favorite song on album and a favorite Blink song.. that change up after first chorus to classic Travis and Reel big fish homage just pushes this to another level.

Can't get enough of this song. Not gonna compare it to an album in the 90s, but I love the throwback.

• Like 1