POKEMON GO

Ghent

Just caught a CP 199 Ponyta. already had one, can't wait to evolve that one

can't believe how much i'm getting into this game lol. took a 5 mile walk with the family last night to load up on pokeballs etc.

Usually I have over 100 pokeballs, but I'm actually about to run out right now. Gotta go hit up a lot of Pokestops. This is annoying.

Also, Zubats are like the most annoying thing to try to catch. I hate them.

It's also hilarious to see cars randomly pulling over all the time now and just knowing that they're obviously playing Pokemon Go.

My buddy is frustratingly way to into this haha.  He's always texting me on his great catches.  He doesn't have a job, and he's been waiting for this game, and he seems to be playing it non-stop.  So he's telling me how his Vaporeon is over 1,000 CP, how he just ran into a 576 Ponyta (he's at level 16), fortunately he lives in a city about 30 miles aways so I don't have to try and topple his ridiculously high ranked Pokemon at any of the nearby gyms.

• Like 1

My highest Pokemon is about CP 600 I think. I haven't bothered trying to upgrade them yet really as I've heard the more you level up the more likely you are to catch Pokemon who are already at high levels. And getting stardust is annoying so I'm saving it up for the time being. I caught a CP 598 Rhydon in my front yard yesterday!

i was walking to work yesterday in Manhattan and literally every person on the sidewalk for a mile stretch was playing this. i think its rad. i'm not that active, but i caught a jigglypuff on my bed. so, i'm not entirely motivated to catch anything else. 

i hope they keep it down to the original 150 pokemon and make updates so that it'll be more in line with the original gameboy games (i.e. battling the pokemon to weaken them, battling other trainers on the streets, etc).

also, i dont get the whole "it gets kids outside" thing. when my mom bitched at me to go outside, i'd bring my gameboy pocket and go under a tree. problem solved. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i was walking to work yesterday in Manhattan and literally every person on the sidewalk for a mile stretch was playing this. i think its rad. i'm not that active, but i caught a jigglypuff on my bed. so, i'm not entirely motivated to catch anything else. 

i hope they keep it down to the original 150 pokemon and make updates so that it'll be more in line with the original gameboy games (i.e. battling the pokemon to weaken them, battling other trainers on the streets, etc).

also, i dont get the whole "it gets kids outside" thing. when my mom bitched at me to go outside, i'd bring my gameboy pocket and go under a tree. problem solved. 

Well it certainly gets kids to be more active outside than just sitting under a tree lol.

Also they say they're going to have regular updates.  With one of the first ones being the ability to trade your Pokemon.  But I think if this game is going to be kept going indefinitely (and why wouldn't it, it's clearly bringing in tons of money already), Pokemon from later gens likely will be added as time goes on.  It just makes sense, someone that's about to catch all 151 is probably going to feel like they've more or less beat the game and perhaps stop playing the game, but if the next day the 100 from Gen 2 are added to the game, suddenly that player has a whole lot more motivation to keep playing.  I do think though that when those inevitable updates come they will be spaced out across a fair amount of time, perhaps every 6 months to a year they'll add the next gen's Pokemon or something like that so as to not overwhelm players.

7 hours ago, brocksta182 said:

I'm pretty addicted. 10K egg hatched into Electabuzz last night. Hoping to do the lucky egg trick this arvo and jump ahead a level or two.

What's the lucky egg trick?!!

12 hours ago, Kevin. said:

I just know that I lost interest, along with nearly all of my friends, as soon as Pokemon silver and gold were released because we didn't feel like keeping up with it 

Gold and Silver were the games for me that really perfected everything and I didn't think that 251 pokemon was too many.  It was gen 3, the GBA titles that lost me in that same regard.  I did migrate back to the franchise when the third version of gen 4 came out (Platinum), just with a different mindset, I didn't think it was feasible that I'd catch 'em all anymore, instead I just wanted to have fun and train the strongest and coolest team I could, and that's the mentality that has kept me with the series.  Super excited for Gen 7, probably gonna choose Moon version I'm thinking.

The success of this game is getting hollywood to want to make a live action Pokemon movie: http://deadline.com/2016/07/pokemon-movie-deal-legendary-pictures-pokemon-go-nintendo-1201785641/

I think that would be awesome, the commercial that Pokemon ran for the 20th anniversary during the Super Bowl this year actually got me wanting a live action movie.  Here's that commercial if you never saw it:

There are so many salty older people on my Facebook posting about how they have shit to do and aren't 10 so they can't just play Pokemon. I work full time and never played Pokemon growing up, but I enjoy it because I'm sick of everything awful in the world and like having this to distract me and feel a sense of community in a bizarre way. It's been really cool to wander around in random places and see people, kids and adults alike, excitedly rushing to the nearest lure or yelling across parking lots that there's a new one.

I normally dislike looking stupid, but I ended up standing next to a dumpster behind a restaurant yesterday for a few minutes catching random shit, and planting myself firmly by the lure in front of a swanky wine bar, and didn't even think twice.

I saw a kid yesterday hoverboarding around this shopping center for hatching, it was incredible.

• Like 3