Blink-182 Vinyl Thread

WPGBlink

Personally, I am just getting going in the wonderful world of vinyl. Being a huge blink fan, it only makes sense that my first couple of purchases are going to be blink albums.

I know there a few other huge vinyl guys here. So I figured this could be a thread to discuss all things blink vinyl :) - show off your collection, talk about upcoming releases, etc.

Can't wait to see some of the collections on here!

currently:

dude ranch -- 2016 SRC deluxe. pretty great!

EOTS -- 2009 hot topic first press (white). sounds bad, but keeping this one forever out of nostalgia.

EOTS -- 2016 SRC deluxe. glorious!

TMTATS -- 2016 SRC deluxe. glorious!

TOYPAJ -- 2013 SRC first press with 7"'s. my personal favorite, is AMAZING all-around

untitled -- 2011 MTS pink. got weird warped issues, was how it arrived

untitled -- 2016 SRC deluxe. glorious (and has not now!)

neighborhoods -- white first press (i think it was sold by interpunk.com). sounds good!

california -- standard 180g black. sounds good!

box car racer -- 2010 hot topic maroon. sounds good!

+44, WYHSB -- 2011 hot topic blue/white. famously bad

sold:

dude ranch -- 2010 hot topic orange. sounds meh

TMTATS -- 2014 hot topic splatter. the only hot topic blink pressing to sound tolerable

i started collecting right around EOTS's first press. most of the hot topic editions are passable or worse, which made me so happy to get these SRC ones. i'll def be getting the rest of the SRC reissues as they come along sans TOYPAJ and neighborhoods. wish i coulda got the purple california, but doesn't bother me much lol.

• Like 1

Awesome collection! I'm going to put in a big order with SRC soon here. 

Seems like a well known deal that their releases sound a lot better than all the Hot Topic and stuff before it. Might not be as pretty, but sound quality is what matters. 

23 minutes ago, WPGBlink said:

Seems like a well known deal that their releases sound a lot better than all the Hot Topic and stuff before it. Might not be as pretty, but sound quality is what matters. 

not as pretty? the SRC reissues look better than any previous pressings too. hot topic printed low-res, pixelated artwork for the jackets. pretty sure all of the SRC versions are gatefolds, extra inserts, artwork, posters, etc.

2 minutes ago, boxelder said:

not as pretty? the SRC reissues look better than any previous pressings too. hot topic printed low-res, pixelated artwork for the jackets. pretty sure all of the SRC versions are gatefolds, extra inserts, artwork, posters, etc.

Meant in regards to all the splatter and multicolored designs on the vinyl itself. Should have clarified. 

I do see the Dude Ranch upcoming on SRC is going to be solid red. That'll be a cool one to grab. 

Just now, WPGBlink said:

Meant in regards to all the splatter and multicolored designs on the vinyl itself. Should have clarified. 

I do see the Dude Ranch upcoming on SRC is going to be solid red. That'll be a cool one to grab. 

oh, i see. i liked the splatters/colored vinyl but pure black is just fine with me! lol. just know that if you're looking for 180gram SRCs, the colored ones are not. those are standard weight, second-presses (not that they'll sound bad. these are all-new remasters)

bBV89Jv.jpg

Here's my blink & related record collection so far. Still missing a lot.

Been waiting on HT to repress Boxcar Racer for forever now. Need a better Uranus, the one I have is a boot from ebay - just really liked the color. Obviously need to complete Alkaline as well. Agony & Irony is on it's way from SRC. I have a split series of Alkaline Trio and One Man Army coming tomorrow. Still waiting on someone to repress GM and Crimson. Also need to get Travis's solo album and some of his other stuff. Going to get a better frame for my signed California (and another copy to play) as well as a frame for the drumhead. Really wanna buy one of the boots of DED, but hopefully we will see an official press one day...

• Like 6

short bus / uranus / lemmings / cheshire cat / dude ranch / buddha
all first presses, all bought at the time of release (through either cargo mail order or a local record shop). short bus i bought at a show and mark and scott signed it.

the only pressings i have besides these are the cheshire cat second pressing, and the recent SRC deluxe of dude ranch—which is amazing. i'm passing on the SRC cheshire that's coming in september, and waiting for a deluxe 180g version.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, WPGBlink said:

Bumping this shit up because I am beyond stoked. Was able to land the SRC blue reissue of Enema today and I've been blasting it all afternoon. What sound quality. SRC knocked it right out of the park.

Anybody pick one up yet? 

i got the 180 gram version from february. def knocked it out of the park. finally giving blink the best treatment for this format IMO

• 1 month later...

i suppose universal is finally noticing that people gobbled up the MTS/hot topic/SRC pressings, because blink's discography is finally for the first time ever getting a worldwide release on vinyl. they'll be available in this nice little box set as well as individually. idk how they'll sound (i'll keep my SRCs, thank you), but i'm willing to bet not horrible lol. it's all the stuff from their old contract, so everything but cali (which has its own wide release) and it appears neighborhoods might be the "standard" edition (which would be its first time on wax, no?)

71UCm-wD4bL._SX522_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Vinyl-Box-Set-albums-10LP/dp/B01L00Y9E6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472885181&sr=8-3&keywords=blink+182+vinyl+lp&tag=v06a8-20

• Like 1