Blink-182 Vinyl Thread

WPGBlink

43 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’ll throw in extra to get one sent to here. If it’s too hard I get it but if we can make it work I’d be in.

I’ll make it work for you, as long as you are cool with covering the additional costs and liability of it coming so far. I literally don’t know if we’re talking $15 or $30 extra to ship overseas...and likely won’t until I ship. So debating on how to handle that. (Have others in Canada/Spain/etc asking as well)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I’ll make it work for you, as long as you are cool with covering the additional costs and liability of it coming so far. I literally don’t know if we’re talking $15 or $30 extra to ship overseas...and likely won’t until I ship. So debating on how to handle that. (Have others in Canada/Spain/etc asking as well)

That’s no problem at all mate. I can even send ya some money next week if ya like for good faith.

I recently was selling my first ever item on ebay, and to figure out how much to ask for shipping on my listing, i put item (a hat) into packaging, went to post office and gave them the furthest US zip code from me (Florida) and got a shipping cost. Then used that cost info as my asking price on US-only ebay listing, so that i knew my shipping cost would be covered no matter what.

So maybe if u put a random sample vinyl in packaging, took to post office, with a list of our zip codes/postal codes, and got individual shipping costs to countries.... that would give us a realistic estimate, and of course, if there ended up being any discrepticies on mailing date im sure we would all even up with you accordingly.

Tbh, i dont think any of us wanting to buy it would change our mind because shipping was $40 and not $20 for instance

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

K I’m gonna put together something official tomorrow... the problem with international is I have no idea how much shipping costs, nor how safe/long it takes... I would assume it’s every bit of $15-$30? 

So pending the numbers and logistics I may have to limit it to USA this go around. But let me get an idea of how many I’m dealing with first. 

I´ll cover extra costs to get it shipped to Spain but I want one!

Yeah there is paperwork involved on that though. USA is easy as we have “Media Mail” which is ~$4 to ship a vinyl anywhere within.

Anywhere else is going to require me to fill out a customs form, and likely range from $15-$30 I’d guess. Along with obvious increased risk of damage, and I think the USPS tracking only follows it out of the states... 

So it’s just riskier and my fear is that it’s gonna be $40 to ship to someone, show up bent as hell, and it’ll be MY PROBLEM when I went out of my way to mess with it to begin with lol. 

But if people are willing to assume that risk, I can try to accommodate. Gonna spin up an official thread later and lock in numbers.

Anyone else have an issue with their Nine vinyl skipping? Mine skips from the end of The first time to the first chorus of Happy days. I’ve tried cleaning it and putting a penny on the top of the needle part but it still skips. I’ve tried other records and have  no issue with skipping.

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

never updated i guess: my red eyes got here, a little more bumped up than i’d like. but it sounds great. there’s little difference between it and the SRC reissue to my ears.

interesting. i don't have a super high end record playing rig, but my speakers and amp are pretty good. to me the CC first press sounds a little warmer than the SRC pressing. but then again, this stuff is all subjective. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

interesting. i don't have a super high end record playing rig, but my speakers and amp are pretty good. to me the CC first press sounds a little warmer than the SRC pressing. but then again, this stuff is all subjective. :)

same! pretty unpretentious setup on my end -- your classic technics sl q2, marantz amp 2270, and two old advent speakers. both certainly sound good, but perhaps the age of the OG LP is showing. i just think the SRC reissues sound SPECTACULAR

On 10/13/2019 at 10:19 AM, Chewy030 said:

Wanted to throw this out there: anyone got any Enema vinyl for sale? Brother in law wants one for Christmas.

I got one of the old hot topic pressings i could let go for pretty cheap since the sleeve is a bit loved. Shipping would prob end up not being worth it f out You though as I’m sure you could find one on eBay that would end up being about the same but not shipping from Australia. If you’re still keen let me know.

• Like 1

There is a Short Bus on eBay. Very expensive $700 but it comes with one of those original blink stickers.

Here's the link since the description title doesn't say Short Bus

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blink-182-RARE-1994-7-inch-record-With-Original-BUDDHA-insert-AND-decal-sticker/113841155097

Edited by Feeling_This_1

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Marik said:

I was up all night long monitoring that green +44 page, and I can confirm that around 11pm-12am Mountain time the page flipped to saying 'sold out' but it was never actually live on sale. I just assume that SRC doesnt have them pressed n ready

Ok cool thanks... I was like there is no way in hell they sold out that quick with zero promotion, even if it was super limited. It’s the one thing I have been looking forward to for Black Friday for many months now!!!

So i emailed SRC asking about +44 Green and their tricky page update (on the date its announced to be avail, they change status to Sold Out, which is misleading, instead of properly updating the expected release date)

Just got my reply email. Says "sorry we are not taking pre-orders for this. We have plans for 2020."

• Sad 1