Blink-182 Vinyl Thread

WPGBlink

22 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Sheesh. Between them and Sandbag it is ridiculous how hard it is to simply give these people your money for cool stuff.

Its funny that they have had Nov 29 release date listed for literally 6months, and were still not able to meet that timeline

That’d be cool, again more easy $ that their merch companies never think of. Do a combo vinyl, sign em, and you’d get $75-$100 each easy. Or just try to sell overpriced t-shirts for $35. 

I still can’t believe the EP is $30 with $10 shipping. Tom’s not even that greedy, his EP vinyl were $14.99

• 2 weeks later...

In love with my new DED backup copy based on the original files I purchased on or around December 8th, 2012, an EP that Tom wanted to throw together out of the blue despite not wanting to do anything blink related for many months prior, and so Mark who was living in London playing with bees hopped on a plane and showed up to work on it, but Tom really wanted this sold on his platforms and Mark/Trav weren't feeling it so they just kinda did nothing about it, and then they forgot to make physical copies, but they released it with a Xmas poster, xmas card, xmas wrapping paper because #bundles, and now for the most part pretend this precious gem does not exist even though it was a natural evolution of where Mark/Tom/Trav would be going at that point in their careers and had people excited for the future, but then the future was a little weird when they booked an Australia gig, Trav was going to be put to sleep to get there then decided he couldn't go through with it, things got a little spatty in the press and tom said some things and Mark said some things and then they had Brooks fill in and all seemed swell, w/e we heard some new stuff live-  little did we know poop was about to hit the fan in the next 2 years and this would be the last blink release with Tommy Boy on it (HBD Tom), also wouldn't be the last time they had controversial rapper collabs (XXX) yet the band still wouldn't release a physical copy which is a major problem for completionists like myself bcuz when I lay my blink/BCR*(caused band probz)/AVA* (first breakup, )+44* (first breakup) vinyl out there is just a little gaping butthole in my collection staring back at me (not you LOVE 2) and so even tho beggars can't be choosers, this shall do for now:

ygumY4l.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Marik said:

TTS listed the tri-colored 7" as limited to 300 pressed if i remember correctly.

Prior to that, for the Orange 7" did they list a total quantity? I dont remember seeing on, but an ebay listing is saying 1200

The /300 is correct on the tri-color. For some reason on the orange one I feel like it was originally stated 1,000 but then the graphic said 1,200? So that sounds about right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i finally pulled the trigger on an OG press of toypaj so i can sell off my other ones. should have it in a few days.

im sort of kicking myself for selling my UMG enema vinyl (white one from 2009-2010? that was only at hot topic) years ago. i think it's technically the very first pressing because it was in stores before MTS even shipped theirs out. looks like it's valuable now. i recall it sounding like shit, though. 

57 minutes ago, Osgod said:

I want to have every blink album as vinyl. Don’t really care for the pressing. Just to complete my collection. Which pressing would you suggest?

SRC if possible, the packaging/art is usually top notch. Quality presses that I enjoy more than my Hot Topic splatters.

i still don't buy the SRC hype. i have a handful of releases from them and they don't necessarily sound bad but they sound like the CD masters with some sort of heavy EQ to make them seem less noisy.

i'd take them over hot topic exclusives but if an original pressing exists (cheshire, dude ranch, toypaj, and neighborhoods), those are the real deal.

2 hours ago, Osgod said:

I want to have every blink album as vinyl. Don’t really care for the pressing. Just to complete my collection. Which pressing would you suggest?

i prefer the original cargo CC to any repress. yet i think the SRC deluxe 180g DR sounds better than the cargo/MCA first pressing. go figure. 

16 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i finally pulled the trigger on an OG press of toypaj so i can sell off my other ones. should have it in a few days.

im sort of kicking myself for selling my UMG enema vinyl (white one from 2009-2010? that was only at hot topic) years ago. i think it's technically the very first pressing because it was in stores before MTS even shipped theirs out. looks like it's valuable now. i recall it sounding like shit, though. 

you’re missing nothing. i’ve got that exact press and you’re right — there was some sort of delay with the MTS version, and the hot topic ones were available first. it sounds like trash. good for nostalgia and very valuable now, yes, but it’s pretty bad

the same goes for the orange translucent dude ranch that came out at hot topics not long after (jan. 2010?). the only HT exclusive that sounded worthwhile was box car and that was a surprise 

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

you’re missing nothing. i’ve got that exact press and you’re right — there was some sort of delay with the MTS version, and the hot topic ones were available first. it sounds like trash. good for nostalgia and very valuable now, yes, but it’s pretty bad

the same goes for the orange translucent dude ranch that came out at hot topics not long after (jan. 2010?). the only HT exclusive that sounded worthwhile was box car and that was a surprise 

my goal is to get the OG pressings of everything and sell my reissues. buddha is the only one i'm missing now but i'm not sure if that one is even worth going after. i have the MTS enema and untitled, which i'll hang on to as my lone copies because the matte jackets are nicer than the glossy SRC ones. I can't imagine sound quality varies drastically between them. 

16 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

my goal is to get the OG pressings of everything and sell my reissues. buddha is the only one i'm missing now but i'm not sure if that one is even worth going after. i have the MTS enema and untitled, which i'll hang on to as my lone copies because the matte jackets are nicer than the glossy SRC ones. I can't imagine sound quality varies drastically between them. 

i was never impressed with the MTS versions. i sold em all a while back. SRC is the way to go for me. they’re phenomenal IMO

On 2/17/2020 at 4:44 AM, boxelder said:

I have this pressing, it's nothing to write home about. i have the splatter one and I felt that actually sounded somewhat better, but kind of in the same range. 

i'm spinning the OG toypaj for the first time. it's miles ahead of the tri-color HT copy i had, which isn't a surprise.

it's not on par with the OG cheshire or dude ranch. some songs are a little noisy but i honestly think that's just how this album sounded as a 2001-produced record. 

i guess i'm kinda curious about the SRC LP + 7"s but this one is for sure sourced the tapes and i'm satisfied with it being my lone copy.