Lmfao... Taylor Swift got exposed. I fucking knew it.

Aria

Also, ask yourself this. Why in the world would Kanye record that conversation if he didn't plan on using it against her? He put her on speaker phone, acting giggly, and recorded the conversation...

In some ways Kanye West is like Donald Trump. His gigantic ego has hoodwinked people to the point where he can literally get away with anything and it will be called genius. In trumps case: speaking his mind and being honest and tough. In kanyes case: rap genius who speaks from the heart. Or they're both just narcissistic, sexist dicks!

From that conversation over the phone Kanye was just having some fun and told her that he didn't want to put it in without her blessing cause her friendship meant more to him than a line in a song that may hurt her lol. It was video taped because he was working on a documentary that covered the making of LOP that covered everything. Even if he was video taping it outside of something like that, doesn't this prove he was in the right to? Clinging to that "bitch" remark upsetting her is unbelievable, when she LIKED the "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex" line and at the grammy's where she really buried him, she fucking said something to the extent of "Don't ever let anyone try to take credit for your fame" which of course got thunderous applause and head nods. That is what is most ridiculous. Cause she happily and playfully brings up the famous line in the phone call. 

28 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Meh, I don't see how someone can take the side of a known scum bag who is writing sexist trash about somebody that he is only involved with because he tried fucking HER over by interrupting her like an ass hole during her award reception speech.

The fact that these rappers can get away with such garbage lyrics is beyond me anyway.

"Eatin' Asian pussy, all I need was sweet and sour sauce" -- Kanye West

That doesn't relate directly to what we're talking about here. Those points are all different than this topic and taking his side doesn't depend on anything you just said. 

This topic is about this argument that Taylor Swift never approved lyrics to a song Kanye released, when that's been almost fully disproven and shown that she did and was happy to do so, and she tried to discredit him and painted him as a crazy for months until this video was released. It didn't work for unforeseeable reasons, and she's backpedalling hard, even though it's pretty apparent that even what she's saying now is less than accurate.

She is tracing back to 2009 now to garner sympathy, but she made it clear in that phone call that they could have worked together and garnered a ton of publicity for both of them, just like they did after the awards ceremony debacle. Then, she did something completely different that only served the victim dialogue she's been pushing since day 1.

Nobody shits on Kanye West, especially when they are in a position to get taken to task for it. Also, as Kyle said, rap personas are far from the real people, just like Mark and Matt can write about teenage feels and you support it rabidly because you are aware that they're not genuinely believing they're still teenage boys. Granted, the content is not the same, but we are giving a lot of leeway to one genre and none to another.

19 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Didn't really think it's a big deal.

And this whole feud with her and Kanye and all their history just seems fake to me. Would not be surprised if they're actually friends who stir up drama to remain in the spotlight and this shit is all calculated and coordinated. 

I think most of it seems contrived, but lately it seems like it's been contrived by one party without the input of the other party, when Taylor is trying to drag him and he's just like, shit no.

Also, recording a conversation where a celebrity gives you permission to use their name in a song isn't all that unheard of, I'd assume.

52 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

That doesn't relate directly to what we're talking about here. Those points are all different than this topic and taking his side doesn't depend on anything you just said. 

This topic is about this argument that Taylor Swift never approved lyrics to a song Kanye released, when that's been almost fully disproven and shown that she did and was happy to do so, and she tried to discredit him and painted him as a crazy for months until this video was released. It didn't work for unforeseeable reasons, and she's backpedalling hard, even though it's pretty apparent that even what she's saying now is less than accurate.

She is tracing back to 2009 now to garner sympathy, but she made it clear in that phone call that they could have worked together and garnered a ton of publicity for both of them, just like they did after the awards ceremony debacle. Then, she did something completely different that only served the victim dialogue she's been pushing since day 1.

Nobody shits on Kanye West, especially when they are in a position to get taken to task for it. Also, as Kyle said, rap personas are far from the real people, just like Mark and Matt can write about teenage feels and you support it rabidly because you are aware that they're not genuinely believing they're still teenage boys. Granted, the content is not the same, but we are giving a lot of leeway to one genre and none to another.

If you want to passionately defend some kind of misogynistic pig as he does misogynistic pig type things, then that is your right.

35 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If you want to passionately defend some kind of misogynistic pig as he does misogynistic pig type things, then that is your right.

I don't think he's a pinnacle of morality, but I am saying that in this situation, Taylor Swift is the character assassin and she failed.

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Hey, that misogynistic pig made that bitch famous.

did he though?  She already won an award for best album or whatever that was before Kanye stepped into her life and revealed himself to be all the more of the moron that he is.  

8 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

In a song, Kanye West is only the person capable of making somebody truly famous. In his world, yes, he made her famous.

Ah yes, I see.

Sounds like Kanye may have broken the law by recording Tay Sway on the phone too.  At least if he was in California when he recorded her, and she didn't consent to the recording (which doesn't sound like she did), then he did.  Though it may be possible he recorded the phone call in New York, which if true wouldn't be illegal.  California is a 2 party consent state (1 of 11) for recording phone calls, while New York is not.

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

She won't press charges unless she's that stupid

Can't imagine she would, I don't know how she would prove that he was in California at the time either.  But I think its just kind of funny that in order to "clear his name" he may have been doing something illegal.

28 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

She won't press charges unless she's that stupid

If she has a case then it's not that stupid.

Of course, she could have avoided all of this if she just broke his nose at that awards show years ago. Would have loved nothing more than to see him walk off that stage with his nose shooting blood all over. He wouldn't have messed with her after that.

36 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

If she has a case then it's not that stupid.

Of course, she could have avoided all of this if she just broke his nose at that awards show years ago. Would have loved nothing more than to see him walk off that stage with his nose shooting blood all over. He wouldn't have messed with her after that.

That would have been amazing.  I have to imagine some sort of reality check like that could have knocked a lot of sense into Kanye and he wouldn't have done half of the retarded things he's done over the years since then.

53 minutes ago, M!ke said:

That would have been amazing.  I have to imagine some sort of reality check like that could have knocked a lot of sense into Kanye and he wouldn't have done half of the retarded things he's done over the years since then.

Yep, exactly.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Or he could just not be a sexist, egotistical scumbag. But violence works too!

Yeah, but you know Kanye is not capable of any of that. I don't know, just something about his overall attitude and his face makes me want to use it as a punching bag and I am not usually like that with people. Honestly.

I think Taylor Swift missed a golden opportunity at that awards show; she didn't even have to hit him, she could have pushed him away from the mic and then told the crowd she doesn't tolerate bullshit. I think it would have actually garnered her some respect . Would have in my book anyway.