(Poll) a beer with Mark vs Tom

Lauren

(Poll) a beer with Mark vs Tom  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you have beer/discussion with?

• Tom
    • Mark

I'd choose Mark over Tom, because I don't think I'd get through a conversation with Tom without yelling at him. He could be the sweetest, nicest guy on earth but I think after everything this angry little blink-fanboy monster would come out and yell at him, especially if alcohol is in play.

I also think that regardless of Mark having some kind of 'celebrity' persona, they're both loaded, they will both be miles apart from my own experiences. what is universal though is music, and Mark freakin' loves all kinds of music. I think me and him could talk about music in general for hours, so I would definitely go with Mark.

but tbh if Matt was a choice I'd probably be a lot more torn... Matt is a cool as hell dude. 

• Like 2

it would be so much fun trollin' delonge about everything: how he sucks live, how he used to sing yead, how awful his guitar tone is and that stupid nasa hat, you get the point. you could literally talk to him for days about everything i bet. i don't wanna talk to Mark about his countless trips to Stonehenge.

if i could have a real deep conversation with honest answers..it would be tom

i would ask him things like: 

1: where did it go wrong during the reunion, is it true you wanted to kick travis out and stuff

2: did you lost interest during the reunion, or where there other reasons

3: during the reunion..did you ever look back on the glory days and wonder ''it's not the same''

4: whats the worst part about mark,travis, and the worst part about yourself that you hate

5: what do you think about california......what do you really think

6: and his thought about his changing voice

7: if he knew about all the gangster shit travis got into

and i would tell him how much i love the music he has made over the last 17 years, that he really formed me as a guitarist. i would also liketo jam with him and stuff

i would not judge the guy, everyone has personal problems and weak spots...but i would be very interested in the honest truth without him filtering what to say and what not.

• Like 1

In this situation I'd tell Mark I was having the beer with him, and then tell Tom I was having the beer with him. Then they'd both turn up at the pub, I'd leave and let them sit and have a beer with each other and hug that shit out. I'm pretty sure that's what they need. 

• Like 7

Would pick Tom. I think he would be way more fun to talk too. As long as you dont talk to him about what hes personally doing, then i think he would be really fun to bullshit with. Just stay out of all his art project shit

Mark has always been my favorite member of blink, but I'd go with Tom. I think he'd be more "real" for lack of a better term. I love Mark but I don't think the conversation would get very deep. I think if you got on well with Tom, he'd be more prone to open up and explain the breakdown of blink pre-hiatus and then again post-hiatus. And I'm very into some of the stuff he loves like UFOs and conspiracy theories so I'd enjoy talking about that shit.

On 7/20/2016 at 0:16 PM, Dan2point5 said:

In this situation I'd tell Mark I was having the beer with him, and then tell Tom I was having the beer with him. Then they'd both turn up at the pub, I'd leave and let them sit and have a beer with each other and hug that shit out. I'm pretty sure that's what they need. 

Haha this is great. I'd do the same if I could. But they'd probably call their managers to have the drinks and talk instead.

On 7/19/2016 at 0:15 PM, boxelder said:

mark. he seemed like a cocky little shit in the dude ranch days but rapidly improved and took stardom well, whereas tom did... the opposite. i think tom would have been a funnier person to drink with in, like, 2001 (as others have said), but mark seems more down-to-earth.

this is accurate.